Nobody can diss Kirk Hammett anymore........

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I gained a lot of respect for Kirk in the St. Anger documentary. Everyone else was throwing an ego bitchfit and worrying about keeping up with trends, and Kirk was like "The fuck are we doing?" and wanted no part of it. His argument that recording the album without guitar solos would not, as the band and producer believed, keep the album from sounding outdated but would in fact ensure that it would always sound outdated, was very prescient.

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
People talk shit but his work on kill em all, ride the lightning, master of puppets, justice for all, and black, is outstanding.

There is not a single bad solo on any of those albums. And many of them are memorable and singable.

Stuff like Disposable Heroes fast solo, or the slow fingerpicked solo in The Unforgiven,.. fantastic stuff.

Creeping death, fade to black, battery, justice for all,... he has tons of really great solos.

Never "just a shredder" he always had a melody and structure to his solos that was pretty unique.

I think people just like to talk shit or focus on bands at the end of thier career instead of looking at the cool stuff they did in the early days.

I'd hate to focus on Dyer Maker for Zeppelin and ignore the fantastic first 4 albums they have.

Because Dyer Maker is pretty lame. :laugh2:

PeteK

Reaction score
Seems like Kirk Hammett had always been really great on albums, and epically bad live. I mean you have to look kinda hard to find a good live performance from him

cjpeck

Reaction score
People talk shit but his work on kill em all, ride the lightning, master of puppets, justice for all, and black, is outstanding.

There is not a single bad solo on any of those albums. And many of them are memorable and singable.

Stuff like Disposable Heroes fast solo, or the slow fingerpicked solo in The Unforgiven,.. fantastic stuff.

Creeping death, fade to black, battery, justice for all,... he has tons of really great solos.

Never "just a shredder" he always had a melody and structure to his solos that was pretty unique.

I think people just like to talk shit or focus on bands at the end of thier career instead of looking at the cool stuff they did in the early days.

I'd hate to focus on Dyer Maker for Zeppelin and ignore the fantastic first 4 albums they have.

Because Dyer Maker is pretty lame. :laugh2:
also:
people aint bustin his balls for the work he did on those albums either...

:cool:

Mockbel

Reaction score
I am done with debating on Kirk’s playing abilities... I am not a fan of him, but OF COURSE being the lead guitarist of the best heavy metal band in history (at least commercially) means that he can’t be a “bad” guitarist...

rockstar232007

Reaction score
The irony is, Peter Green actually hated that guitar, and I would presume, LPs in general?

parts

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone could tell what guitar he plays with all the pedals..distortion..etc...

dissaffected

Reaction score
He may not be a blues rock legend , but hes been a good steward of this guitar so far IMO. :thumb:

He actually plays it , and he brought it back to the original owner for a visit. Does not get any cooler IMO!
Can't diss Hammet? I disagree. Haters gonna hate. Wankery survives good deeds.

Guy Named Sue

Reaction score
Pete is wearing a shirt with Hellstone logo, that's my shop. My favorite music shop here lol I love it!
16099414020_6e9071c5b1_b.jpg

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
I gained a lot of respect for Kirk in the St. Anger documentary. Everyone else was throwing an ego bitchfit and worrying about keeping up with trends, and Kirk was like "The fuck are we doing?" and wanted no part of it. His argument that recording the album without guitar solos would not, as the band and producer believed, keep the album from sounding outdated but would in fact ensure that it would always sound outdated, was very prescient.

And Lars is still an ass.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
The guy’s playing is full of metal cliches. But he’s in Metallica which is the gold standard in their genre, so that says something not about what he can play, but about what he plays being more than adequate to get them to the top.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
He gets a pass-saw him with Cliff/ Lightning tour-WAY HOT---then----he go rich+soft......at least he was GREAT once,,,,