No thanksgiving in ireland

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
one of the things that i miss about being in america was being a kid at thanksgiving. i miss all of the food, the family, the parades on tv, and the beginning of the christmas season.
I used to sit in front of the tv for what seems like the whole day with my brother and watch as many parades as we could, and would stay up to watch charlie brown on cbs.
we try to have a little thanksgiving in our house, being a half irish and half american household, but here it is just thursday. this thanksgiving i will be working away from home and wont get home until the following saturday.
i might try to have a little turkey dinner over the weekend, as i want my little girl to experience the american holidays as well as the ones over here.
it is a shame that i cant get american television stations here, as it would be great to watch all of the parades and stuff with my daughter, the way my mother used to watch them with us. for me thanksgiving is the start of the holiday season and i really love this time of year.

from my family to all of you at mlp, have a happy and fun filled thanksgiving and holiday season. i know i am a few days early, but i may be stuck at work, and i wanted to make sure that i was able to properly wish all my friends here a great holiday season.

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well be thinking about you,
heck we celebrate St Patty's day, no reason not
to celebrate thanksgiving accross the pond!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Perhaps you can find some parades being streamed online? I bet the chances are good. I'm sure you can get the Charlie Brown, .etc specials on DVD or online.

EDIT - I just found the Macy's Parade (I think the biggest one) IS streaming online (and without commercials)! Here's the info: Watch Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Online

KP

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The same back at you Kev.

Lurcher

Reaction score
We always have a little something for thanksgiving. Our household is half American, too. And this being Ireland, well..... any excuse for a celebration, eh? We need it this year, right enough.
So seasonal greetings from the All-Ireland Hurling Champions to you guys down in the corner.

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Perhaps you can find some parades being streamed online? I bet the chances are good. I'm sure you can get the Charlie Brown, .etc specials on DVD or online.

EDIT - I just found the Macy's Parade (I think the biggest one) IS streaming online (and without commercials)! Here's the info: Watch Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Online
thanks for the link. i will pass it on to my wife so they will be able to watch the parade at home!

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
You mean England doesn't celebrate getting rid of those Puritans?

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt know about thanksgiving in england rod, ireland isnt talking to them.....lol. just kidding. i wouldnt be at all surprised if there was some small town in england somewhere that celebrates the puritans leaving.

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I should have said Ireland, or at least Great Britain, sorry!

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ahhh...the part of ireland i live in is not part of great britain. it has been a republic since 1923. the 6 counties that make up northern ireland are still part of great britain.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If you can't find a turkey, roast a couple chickens and DRINK!

LongBeach

Reaction score
I'm trying to remember if Charlie Brown had a Thanksgiving Special?
I'm sure he did.

Wherever you are, whatever your doing, take the time to stop and appreciate everything you have.

QuicksilverSS

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42u0TiZZPCY]YouTube - Charlie Brown Thanksgiving[/ame]

Here you go....:D

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Scooter2112

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to you, the wife, and your precious little daughter, Kevin!

I'll eat enough for the both of us. :shock:

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving my friend! You truly will be here in spirit!

nick1962

Reaction score
ahhh...the part of ireland i live in is not part of great britain. it has been a republic since 1923. the 6 counties that make up northern ireland are still part of great britain.

...But it's about to get 7 Billion pounds from us to bail out your economy.

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
...But it's about to get 7 Billion pounds from us to bail out your economy.

the government really is in the shit here. it is looking pretty bad for the working stiff like myself. we had nothing to do with what but we have to live with the consequences. our prime minister needs to go, the bankers need to be in jail.
that is enough of my political rant.

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i am still thankful i have my health, and my wife an daughter. the economy can go to shit, as long as i have them, i am motivated to keep working.

Latest Threads