No reservations.

hecube

Reaction score
That's not so hard to understand.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ahhh.... the good old days. Walking into a restaurant and getting a table without reservations.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
  1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Two ... three questions if I may.

1. Who determines who will be the < 500,000,000 that will remain?
2. How will you dispose of the 7.1 billion corpses who aren't so lucky.
3. ...

Do I need to make a reservation?

PeteK

Reaction score
Yeah, since the big C, it's been rough getting a table anywhere without a reservation when in a small town like ours. Sucks.

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Restaurants are packed, we’ve been eating at home to avoid the hysteria

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Eventually, hopefully, they will all run out of (free) money, need to put their little brats back in school, and (finally, FFS) go back to the office... and not be home all day with nothing else to do but eat & shop.

"Table for two?, right this way - no wait!"

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And day drink.
And, now... apparently, they are playing golf.

I probably never noticed before now, because my club has not been impacted by the rash of unwashed masses, who have too much free time on their hands, since they no longer work. Their free money wouldn't even cover the valet fees.

But. I played a round at public course this morning with my nephew and his boys. The course was jam packed!

IIRC, pre-pandemic, Monday golf used to be a wasteland. No one ever played golf on Mondays. Even my club is closed on Mondays for grooming and maintenance.

But today, this weed-infested, dog track of a public course was packed, at 0630. The starter was telling me that every day has been like that since the beginning of the pandemic.

He said (his words, not mine) "They are lining up in their cargo shorts and Tiger Woods golf shirts for every tee-time, from open to close."

JFC... this shit needs to fucking end!

Dolebludger

Reaction score
We have an additional problem at restaurants in my town Six foot seating spacing and reduced capacity problems are past. But restaurants can’t find enough employees to cook and serve with full capacity. So they are turning customers away when there are empty tables.

Olds442

Reaction score
when i order take out, i don't expect to have to wait in line with the unwashed who were too lazy to phone in their orders. karen can ask 12 times what salad dressings they have, if it's gluten free, how fresh it is, if it has basil because billy is allergic to basil....

but if you take phone orders for pick up, you damn well better have a "carry out" sign for me to walk up to. i'm not waiting 8 deep for you to take the orders while my food sits on the back counter, bagged and tagged and ready to go. i'm going to ask out loud, "do you have a carry out register?" and get the looks, dgaf.

Latest Threads