No More Sweet Smell ?

Tsukiyomi

Reaction score
ORDERED!

In retrospect, I probably should have ordered the 4oz bottle for $5 instead of the 16oz bottle for $15.
Damn all of your eyes :D

Scentless Costa Rican case here, but my wife's got an underwear drawer too... :rofl:
Donuts.jpg

rfrizz

Tenured Luser
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not the lacquer, it's the case.
I have purchased cases both with and without the sweet smell. I have an LP SKB which I bought ~20 years ago for an Edi Lepi II.

I got a Gibson Flying V in 2/19, and it had a vanilla scent. My 05/21 GLP '60s GC limited-edition case is sweet; same for the 8/21 Gibson SG Standard '61, but the SG's case scent is not as pronounced as the other two.

As for My Gibson Les Paul Tribute I got a couple of weeks ago, it had only a padded bag, and it smells like ass. Must be Gibson's "New For '22" line. Or something.

rfrizz

Tenured Luser
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn all of your eyes :D

Scentless Costa Rican case here, but my wife's got an underwear drawer too... :rofl:
View attachment 584540
I have never had a wife/GF who's drawers drawer needed an odor eliminator, and I don't know how I would handle the situation. I can tell you that I wouldn't give her a "hint" like this!

But that's just me.

Tsukiyomi

Reaction score
I have never had a wife/GF who's drawers drawer needed an odor eliminator, and I don't know how I would handle the situation. I can tell you that I wouldn't give her a "hint" like this!

But that's just me.
Well it's really to give the guitar case's storage compartment a little spritz just to see what the fuss is about.. As for the Mrs, her drawer is perfect and girly... but 'donut-scented underwear' has got to be worth a $5 experiment :D

Dogbreath

Reaction score
This got me rethinking what I previously said, that my newer TKL cases have less vanilla smell. I decided to do some sniffing last night. My last Gibson purchase was a new SG ‘61 about six months ago. It has a TKL case with only a slight vanilla smell. I bought a 1976 SG Standard about a year ago and then bought a TKL black flat top case with gray plush lining. It still smells strongly of vanilla.

Dogbreath

Reaction score
This got me rethinking what I previously said, that my newer TKL cases have less vanilla smell. I decided to do some sniffing last night. My last Gibson purchase was a new SG ‘61 about six months ago. It has a TKL case with only a slight vanilla smell. I bought a 1976 SG Standard about a year ago and then bought a TKL black flat top case with gray plush lining to go with it. It still smells strongly of vanilla.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

But that's just me.
Mom used to keep a lemon in her drawer.

I'm assuming she changed it every week or two? Dunno how long a lemon will last once it's been picked.

AdrianDSMer

Reaction score
Can someone share a picture of the new TKL cases? I didn't know that Gibson is currently working with them.

Mac92

Reaction score
I picked up some of the recommended donut spray today, Canadian Tire has it for my fellow Canucks.

I haven't even able to use the Canadian made case that came with my new lp as it has overwhelming febreeze or dryer sheet smell from the previous owner. What's in there isn't a nice smell, even opening up the case makes the whole room smell. Sprayed some of the donut spray in there and I'm going to let it sink in for a few days then put the guitar in.

It doesn't smell exactly like the vanilla smell that my SG case has, it's a massive improvement over how it smelt before though. I see that chemical guys make a vanilla version of the spray too, I might try that next time.

Jacrispy

Reaction score
Man, y'all keep posting about the glazed donut scented air freshener spray and it has made me place an order for a bottle of it on Amazon. I guess all my guitar cases are about to smell like it....

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it will get rid of the nasty smell in my Vietnamese-made Fender Tweed Pro case.

Is it OK for a Tele to smell like a Gibson?

HRC

Reaction score
I bought a couple new LP Studios back when they were coming with gig bags and they both had the vanilla smell.

Latest Threads