No “2017 Model” under Made in U.S.A?

zplapplap

Reaction score

Yes. I checked the search function.

The serial number is barely visible on my 2017 Alpine White LP Standard. I just noticed that there is no “2017 Model” under “Made in the U.S.A”. Is this now a thing or is this yet another peculiarity of this special run?

I don’t suppose it matters. I’m merely curious.

Attachments

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Yes. I checked the search function.

The serial number is barely visible on my 2017 Alpine White LP Standard. I just noticed that there is no “2017 Model” under “Made in the U.S.A”. Is this now a thing or is this yet another peculiarity of this special run?

I don’t suppose it matters. I’m merely curious.
Standard or Custom? Special run? How’s about some more info and pictures,brother!?

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I though I said Standard in my original post. Maybe not.

It’s a 2017 Gibson Exclusive Les Paul Standard. Ordered it from zZounds. They’re a related company to American Musical Supply.

Yes you did,brother. I just wanted more background and pictures!:laugh2:
Thank you!! That’s a beautiful guitar,man!

zplapplap

Reaction score
It’s been fun having an unusual Les Paul Standard, one that few have ever seen in a standard model. I thought about selling to raise some extra cash and quickly decided against it. It’s a fantastic guitar.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:drool:

NICE. Don't remember seeing an Alpine White Standard before
It’s been fun having an unusual Les Paul Standard, one that few have ever seen in a standard model. I thought about selling to raise something me extra cash and quickly decided against it. It’s a fantastic guitar.
Exactly!! Hence my ole “ need more info and pics “ post:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
Just a beautiful guitar,brother!

wmachine

Reaction score
Gibson has been very inconsistent about that. Sometimes like this (no "model" no year, sometimes "model" and year, sometimes just the year. Sometimes the year is the model year, sometimes the year is the year made.

JonCanfield

#NotMe
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a burst kinda guy, but I like this alpine white!