Nine Inch Nails Destroys $160,000 worth of Les Pauls

cmjohnson

Reaction score
All I'm taking away from this topic is that some people are completely utterly oblivious to the dark, thoughtful, powerful and nihilistic creations of Trent Reznor and his band mates. It's NOT The Beach Boys or some hippy band. But NiN is powerful social commentary set to a groove steeped in destruction and violence.

No, it's not my preferred listen material most of the time. But it has more substance of thought and represents an honest point of view than most other music by most other bands.

I interpret Trent Reznor's music as being a combination of total self honesty and dispassionate reflection mixed with not just a little touch of self-hate and loathing. Add a generous dose of wide awake and cynical social observation and you've got....THAT.

I'd sooner see a NiN concert than literally HUNDREDS of other currently or formerly popular bands.

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
Coudn't disagree more. The original has all the power and intensity the Cash's version lacks, which unwilling and listless.
Reznor is one of the biggest genious of the last times.
Hahahahaha!!!

That would be hilarious even without 2 words misspelled, one apparently missing, and one used in a context in which it makes no sense (par for a Reznor fan, I imagine........)

CoolRene

Reaction score
They’d rather keep the guitars and burn the money if they’d want to impress people… total a..holes ! :rolleyes:

IGRocker

Reaction score
I just can’t help but think how much has been spent on high dollar cars wrecked during the filming of movies. Nobody bats an eye when five $50,000+ vehicles are destroyed (looking at you, Fast and the Furious). It’s all relative to the value of the production, whether in music or cinema.

Reactions: Who

sixstringer99

Reaction score
I was just a poor kid who could not afford more than an $8 pawn shop throw away guitar when I saw Pete Townsend smash his expensive guitars to pieces on TV. I thought at that time that I would never buy a Who album if they hated their guitars that much and had no respect for the instrument. Just a show gimmick much like copy cat NIN. Although NIN has put out some reasonably good music, better than the Who. Still, I can't respect anybody that destroys guitars. It's like throwing away an expensive steak dinner in front of starving children. What jerks.

• Haha

zdoggie

Reaction score
Ya know the who started destroying their instruments to make a statement buy the statement was pure bullshit !!
you make a ststement by showing respect for you gear and your audience writing hit songs ain't a bad Idea either.

zdog

diogoguitar

Reaction score
I don't care if it's them or my favorite band... this is atrocious

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Johnny Cash could have sung Madonna's "Material Girl" and i'm sure it would have had an impact.......of sorts.

LPMarshall Hack

Reaction score
I just can’t help but think how much has been spent on high dollar cars wrecked during the filming of movies. Nobody bats an eye when five $50,000+ vehicles are destroyed (looking at you, Fast and the Furious). It’s all relative to the value of the production, whether in music or cinema.
Whenever I see an otherwise good car being smashed on TV, I kick puppies.

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
1E557D5B-C30F-4AB4-B33B-E51E678D2A64.jpeg

Zylo

Reaction score
i guess when you have a healthy bank balance like Trent does, destroying 160k worth of guitars is a minor thing..

Latest Threads