DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
So why are you "Eric the Red"?
Touche`!
ClickHandler.ashx

mdubya

Reaction score
Years ago I worked with a couple of big guys that had perspiration problems. They were the type that would sweat bullets just standing still at normal room tempeture. The first guys last name was Miksal but everyone called him Sweatsal. He transfered and about a year later the other guy came on board. Beause we already had a guy name John, to identify which one you were refering to, the new guy became Sweat John.

There was a guy with psoriasis at one of my jobs, and he was scratching all the time. I never hardly noticed it until everyone started referring to "Itchy Jim." I was like, wtf? But he was forever Itchy Jim after that. Sometimes it was hard not to break out laughing when talking to Jim because he was constantly scratching.

Several of my extended group of friends worked at this place. Our crew was dubbed the Dickie Boys by the boss. We were secretly proud of that.

All that scratching is making me itch!

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
For my own nickname, IRL enough people call me "D" -- initial of first name -- and it's the only nick I have, any more.

"Thumper" was an Air Force nickname (my screenname is the permutation Pope Johnson bestowed upon me one time when we were drinking and playing cards). I also got called "Lou" (my last name is Gossett), and for a short while, "Lucky" (couple of bad injuries kept me from riding truck for four months).

Stevie 202

Reaction score
I knew two guys in high school who tried to give themselves nicknames, but with crappy results.

The first guy wanted us to call him "Kentucky Dave" or just "Kentucky". He had just moved into our Upstate New York school district from Kentucky, while claiming that this was his nick in his former state... which I thought was really weird. Who in a state is nicknamed after his state until he goes out of state? :hmm:

His cousin tipped us that actually, he only lived in Kentucky for two years between ages 14 and 16, and that he was born and mainly raised in Utica, New York. [...]

--R :D

That reminds me...a while back this one guy started calling me "Miami Steve" because I visited there once for like 2 days. :laugh2:

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just remembered another one. We had a skinny Airman that wasn't very likable with the last name "Galindo." I remember going back to the barracks after work when I still lived on base, and someone flipped on the T.V. in the common room. We were waiting for some ball game to start, and they were finishing up showing a figure skating competition, and wouldn't you know it? There was some dude named "Rudy Galindo."

So I dubbed Airman Galindo "Rudy," and that stuck for the whole year or so that he was stationed with us.

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
Dilemma is a variation of my last name. I don't remember when or how I got it but it's been there for a long time. I typically don't bestow nicknames on people but I frequently will use a well known person or thing to describe someone. "You know Jerry. That Walrus looking Ironworker" or (talking about Jerry again) "STFU David Crosby you're getting on my last nerve."

BACzero

Reaction score
When I was a kid, my mom called me Peanut.

Also when I was a kid, my cousins called me Donut (no idea where that came from).

For the past 5 years or so, my nickname has been "D-Train".
I'm a "D" name, and I won't lie, I'm damn pretty... AND I'm funny. :laugh2:
Women tend to be drawn to me. It's a blessing... and a curse. :rofl:

So I made a joke one day about how all the ladies want to ride the D-Train. My drummer thought it was hilarious, and the nickname was born. Some of my friends at work picked up on it through social media, so it spread around the office, as well. Awkward moments fumbling for a way to explain in an office setting, how I got that name.

Our engineers name the PCBs they design, and one of them even named a PCB the D-Train. Why? Well, because while most boards we do take a 5, 6, or 7 inch display... this one only took a 4 inch. "It's the D-Train because it's only four inches", he'd say... then he'd laugh, and laugh. I would reply "Yeah, but it's as wide as your fist!" God I miss that guy.

...but I digress.

When I started dating my wife, she made it very clear that the "D-Train" was no longer in commission... and there would only be ONE rider from now on. She's right about there only being one rider, but the name has stuck. Pretty sure in my closest circles, I will forever be the D-Train.

Choo-choo!! :applause:

BACzero

Reaction score
Mr. Modest might have been appropriate. :rofl:

LOL The pretty part... I suppose that's a subjective statement. It also ties in with the whole "me being funny" part. :naughty:

The women being drawn to me part... that's merely an observation. :dude:

TheX

Not a Navy SEAL
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was "Mac" for eight years in the military.

matthew bear

Reaction score
Back in the day they called me squish, also chewbacca. At my job they call me cock diesel, or just diesel. The assistant manager of the store started that and it caught on. I have no idea why he thought of it.
You were called chewbacca?!? I was Called chewbacca too! usually "Chewy" :laugh2:

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My first name is Michael and for the last 30 years or so I have pretty much been called Mikey by everyone who knows me.

Thanks to this little punk..

11667600.jpg

Growing up on our street we had a few mike's and I was always called Big Mike because I was older..

Funny, I used that very reference just yesterday in the "posting pics with no hosting site" thread..

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've had a few over the years, by certain groups, whether work colleagues, friends, or time of my life.. (like Spike due to having spikey hair for a while).

Cheery is one that has been stuck since a kid by most.

There has been some I did not like but made me laugh all the same. One was by a lifetime friend..(sadly passed way too young few years ago).

He called me "Scratch" :laugh2:

The backstory to that was...

I had to have surgery. They made two incisions, one in belly button and another down on the bikini line. To prep for this surgery they had to shave me down there. They used baby power and a nasty bic razor :eek:

Well after surgery was all over and I was recouperating...I had that nasty shaving itch.

The nickname was born.

The cheeky git :laugh2:

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
people here still call me bling, even after the name change. i sign the inside of my pedals as astrobling.

You'll always be 'Bling to me, yeah. I ain't down with this "Astrocat" shit, it's like New Coke or the Who with Kenney Jones.

Latest Threads