Nickelback and the LP Custom

shark

Reaction score
hey I got to see Nickelback saturday night. not that really seeing them was very exciting bec for the most part I dont know what these guys are really doing and dont really care for them. They wrote a few good songs and now seems they fell into trash speed metal sound. UGH I just work where they were at.

BUT DAMN that LES PAUL Custom Chad starting using just rocked balls!!! He did pull out the PRS when his volume was turned way down..The way a PRS should be treated. I dont know if anyone else feels this way but his sound and playing improved so much with the LP...suck on that PRS you (Pricey over Rated Shit). But I got to bash PRS every chance I get and I love it when these PRS guys figure that out that you cant make a PRS sound like an LP no matter who the freek you are.. Santana and Mr diMeola take note you sounded much better when you used LP's and Gibsons. I still love you guys but, I listen you your 30 year old stuff now :dude:

lespaul89

Reaction score
hey I got to see Nickelback saturday night. not that really seeing them was very exciting bec for the most part I dont know what these guys are really doing and dont really care for them. They wrote a few good songs and now seems they fell into trash speed metal sound. UGH I just work where they were at.

BUT DAMN that LES PAUL Custom Chad starting using just rocked balls!!! He did pull out the PRS when his volume was turned way down..The way a PRS should be treated. I dont know if anyone else feels this way but his sound and playing improved so much with the LP...suck on that PRS you (Pricey over Rated Shit). But I got to bash PRS every chance I get and I love it when these PRS guys figure that out that you cant make a PRS sound like an LP no matter who the freek you are.. Santana and Mr diMeola take note you sounded much better when you used LP's and Gibsons. I still love you guys but, I listen you your 30 year old stuff now :dude:
i love nickelback, there best stuff was done on the prs so i dont get the prs bashing there, no you cant make a prs sound like a les paul but i dont think you can make a les paul sound like a prs either

kdm

Reaction score
......and I love it when these PRS guys figure that out that you cant make a PRS sound like an LP no matter who the freek you are..
sold all my PRS stuff last year....couldn't really get along with the sound...

Shawn Lutz

Reaction score
shit....now I don't want a Les Paul Custom, thanks for ruining it for me :)

bosnialove

Reaction score
I don't like listening to Nickelback, but I'm curious about why all the hate for that band / guy, lol..

siggy14

Reaction score
Basically with all pop style music you will have your haters, me personally I dont love Nickleback, but I dont hate them. I think they are great at what they do and people would be surprized that alot of their music is really heavy.

It seems Chad has switched over to mostly Gibson now, Premier guitar just recent posted a new rig rundown. I hate that the other guitarist mutilates his gibsons, but that is his style so, so be it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOQbaO1r9Ms&feature=relmfu]Rig Rundown - Nickelback's Chad Kroeger & Ryan Peake - YouTube[/ame]

I don't like listening to Nickelback, but I'm curious about why all the hate for that band / guy, lol..

siggy14

Reaction score
I have two PRS's, a custom 24 and totero, I love them both for what they are and not for what they are not. PRS makes a damn good guitar, fit and finish beats gibson out most of the times, but dont get me wrong, there is nothing like a gibson and still my go to guitar.

Besides I dont buy a guitar because it is perfect and pretty, i buy a guitar for the sound. Both companies have their distinct sound and that is why i love both.

i'm curious of all the hate to PRS...

Roman4405

Reaction score
explain the nickelback hate then? i don't hear it where i am
Did you read somewhere that I said I hate them? Probably not, I'm one of the people usually defending te fact that different people like different types if music and just because something is different doesn't mean it sucks.

As far as my personal feelings towards Nickleback, they seem like a band that found a formula to make generic radio friendly rock that wants to make a lot of money and is successful at it. I don't begrudge them for it but the song "Rockstar" made me think that the only thing that they're passionate about is being rich.

tdbear1us

Reaction score
i love nickelback, there best stuff was done on the prs so i dont get the prs bashing there, no you cant make a prs sound like a les paul but i dont think you can make a les paul sound like a prs either
Why would you want to do that :laugh2: That would just be wrong

Latest Threads