Nice flashback.......

scrumm21

Reaction score
Someone posted this pic on FB.....
This Was THE show where I saw Johnny for the Very 1st Time ! This was in 1973 & I was Soph in high school . My brother was attending Univ of Louisville and got tics and took me and my gf - She Hated the show lol ( she was more of a folk music lover - we didn't last long ) Prior to this show I had spent MANY an hour sitting in my bro's '69 Pontiac LeMans listening to "J.W. 'And Live " on the factory 8 track cranked All the Way Up. ( couldn't do that in the house lol )
What a great flashback !! (Saw JW 8 more times over the years)
lol I can't listen to Johnny B Good on the " 'And Live " album without getting misty eyed at the end....:rolleyes:

Johnny in Louisville.jpg

JohnnyWinters02.jpg johnny-winter-guitarist-04.jpg Johnny lp3.jpg Johnny les paul.jpg Johnny 4.jpg

and Never saw him play a Les Paul - kinda pisses me off lol

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Johnny’s playing was a huge influence on me when I first started diving into the blues...

Still Alive and Well is still in regular rotation on my playlist.

Skeletor

Reaction score
I saw him twice...
My first concert back in the 80s (1982 maybe?) he opened for April Wine - I was young and didn't really "get it" at the time as I was there for April Wine.
Second time was maybe a year before he passed in a small community hall (James Cotton opened that one I think) - was good to see but it was obvious he was no longer in his prime (sound wasn't great).
Still in regular rotation on my playlist though :)

Latest Threads