Nice.......700 HP dodge

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Any specs out on this thing? Like Cubic inches, Turbo? Direct injection? OHC? how many? Just curious what engine they squeeze that kind of power from, and how.

Seven

Reaction score
Any specs out on this thing? Like Cubic inches, Turbo? Direct injection? OHC? how many? Just curious what engine they squeeze that kind of power from, and how.

It's got a 6.2L supercharged Hemi. The first supercharged Hemi Dodge has done.. http://www.topspeed.com/cars/dodge/2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-ar161904.html

Type and Description: Supercharged 6.2L HEMI® V-8, 90-degree V-type, liquid-cooled
Displacement: 370 cu. in. (6,166 cu.cm)
Bore x Stroke: 4.09 x 3.58 (103.9 x 90.9)
Valve System: Pushrod-operated overhead valves, 16 valves with hollow-stem, sodiumfilled exhaust valves, 16 conventional hydraulic lifters, all with roller tips
Fuel Injection: Sequential, multiport, electronic, returnless
Construction: Deep-skirt cast-iron block with cross-bolted main bearing caps, unique aluminum alloy heads with hemispherical combustion chambers
Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
Power: 707 HP
Torque: 650 LB-FT
Max. Engine Speed: TBD
Fuel Requirement: Premium 91 octane (R+M)/2 — recommended
Oil Capacity: 7.5 qu. (7.1-liters)
Factory Oil Fill: 0W-40 Pennzoil Ultra™ synthetic
Coolant Capacity: 14 qt. (13.25 liter)
Intercooler System: Separate low-temp cooling system with dual water-to-air intercoolers and a high-flow variable-speed electric water pump
Exhaust Type: Dual 2.75-in straight-though exhaust system with twin Electronic Exhaust Valves (EEV) with rectangular Black Vapor-chromed tips
Transmission: Six-speed manual Tremec TR-6060 with ZF-SACHS 258 MM Twin-disc Clutch

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you would need to have a realistic view of your own skills and know when to back off the gas. Still, what a blast.

I can't even possibly imagine flooring a 700hp vehicle.

I had a '94 Z-28 with the LT1 at 275hp and 325ft torque, and it was so much power, it was like taming a wild animal. If you floored it on stop, you would just sit there with the tires burning. Even if you were going 50mph, and then floored it as hard as you could, the car jumped so fast, you would be pinned back in your seat and had to be extremely careful to maintain control.

1244781291.jpg

Good times!

I always thought the car I had before it, my '89 Formula 350 with the LS1, handled better though. I dunno why.

89formula6.jpg

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
bmw-m4-concept3.jpg

Not 700HP but corners for days.

Dr. Pain

Reaction score
They need to send it to us here in Australia, we'll make it handle or go completely insane on it like the following... :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIj2GVfua84]Merlin V12 Powered 55 Chevy - YouTube[/ame]

dennis g

Reaction score
its going to be a great car in the right hands.wonder how many people will kill somebody else with it trying to prove they have the right hands?

Auto body shops and morticians are in for a windfall LOL.

Even though my tag line says you can't have too much horsepower, you can if you don't know how to use it. I currently have an '06 Z06 with 505hp and there really isn't anyplace other than the race track where you can truly take advantage of the power and handling in a car like that.

I owned a BMW M5 about 7 or 8 years ago and the guy at the dealership told me that they should issue driving school certificates with every M they sell since about half up them come back into their body shop within a few months of being bought.

Seven

Reaction score
That's what I'm talkin' bout!:dude:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28krt9RCFj8]SRT Hellcat Challenger 1/4 Mile 10.8 w/ Drag Radials - YouTube[/ame]

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chrysler needs to make a water pump that won't fail at 40K miles.

The last 3 Chryslers I've owned, have all blown up. I drive like drugged up old lady too.

I had an '01 Camaro SS that I beat the crap out of and it's still running fine today. I see it around town once in awhile :)

Currently drive a Ram 1500 SLT and it's a piece of crap too! Rustbucket.

Challengers are very cool lookin' cars though. Always liked Chrysler designs!!

duck2k

Reaction score
M oments
O f
P ower
A re
R epeated

'Nuff said :)

prs97

Reaction score
The horsepower wars...part 2.

It's like the 60's all over again but better...for the HP numbers at least, not necessarily the styling in my book.

I remember going to car shows as a kid and 500 HP was just monstrous. Big-block, 6-71 blower, huge cam, just a total earth shaking beast that barely stayed running at less than 3000 RPMs.

Now, 500 HP in a new ride is pedestrian. Z06 vettes, Challengers, Shelby Mustangs (662 hp!!). Now they roll past you at a car show all quiet like, A/C on, 20+ mpg. Much more refined than I would have imagined as a little tike gearhead.

I talked to a guy at a local show last week who was making 975 HP to the tire on his Shelby GT-500 and he was working to squeeze another 200-300 HP out of it.

That being said, There's still nothing like old steel with a big block & a nasty ass cam in it.

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Two sets of keys....interesting....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91jRLQa5U8E]Hellcat Unleashed: The 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT! - World's Fastest Car Show Ep 4.7 - YouTube[/ame]

redcoats1976

Reaction score
it is awesome that you can get lots of power,a/c,power steering and all the toys and yet meet pollution standards and get decent mileage.back in the 60s it wasnt like that.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Yeah, guys, the "muscle cars" of the 60's fair better in our memories than reality. The second car I got was a new 1964 Pontiac GTO hardtop. Stats were like this: Zero to 60 in 7.2 seconds. Top speed of 130. Stock tires were two ply rayon bias ply. The thing couldn't pull any g's on a corner without spinning out (too nose heavy). And I tried to use the brakes to pull her down from 120 one time, and I might as well have opened the door and drug my left foot! So I had a car that today would be outrun by a Honda civic, and out-cornered, and out braked. Hell, I could out run it in all respects with my current SUV!

Now that new Dodge --- that is a REAL muscle car!:)

dennis g

Reaction score
:shock: OMFG!! Take it to the Nuremberg Ring!! NOW!!

This is NOT a track car. This is a straight line car. You'll do fine at the local 1/4 mile strip, but you're gonna just suck on a road course.

Latest Threads