Nice.......700 HP dodge

Bluesky

Reaction score
This gave me a woodie:

Dodge Challenger Hellcat gets 707 hp - MSN Autos

Dodge just announced that the 2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat will deliver 707 hp, in addition to 650 lb-ft of torque. Let us repeat. 707 horsepower. That's more than the last Corvette ZR1. More than the new Corvette Z06. Did we mention that's more than the Viper's V10?

To get that 707 hp, make sure to bring the red key. The black key is for children, new drivers and small animals. It offers a laughably low 500 hp.

The Hellcat comes with a TorqueFlight eight-speed transmission -- unless equipped with a romping six-speed manual. Yeah, you can try to tame all 707 horses yourself, if you dare. Dodge also says the interior of the Hellcat was “inspired by the classic 1971 Challenger.” We hope that means bouncing needles and a wood steering wheel, but we doubt it.

The 707-hp figure puts the Hellcat in rarified air with super and hypercars like the Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari F12berlinetta and Pagani Huayra--at least where output and theoretical straight-line performance is concerned.

We thought the Hellcat was coming online to compete with the top muscle cars like the Ford Mustang GT500 and Chevy Camaro Z/28. In fact, it comes to dominate them all.

:shock: Better save some change for new tires. AND underwear.......:dude:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fhnO95drbA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

FUS44

Reaction score
Man, if they had only done the Charger correctly. I'd love to have a 700 HP General Lee.

Bluesky

Reaction score
Man, if they had only done the Charger correctly. I'd love to have a 700 HP General Lee.

Right!!? 4 doors? really? :shock: Make it an option , but they should make a 2dr version......:dude::cool:

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score
.. well good luck finding a road you can open it up on .. you hit one bump or pot hole or whatever other disrepair going over about 80 .. it's gonna cost ya ..

.. not that I don't appreciate the power .. but I like to get where I am going these days .. so I drive a truck .. the roads are horrible ..

redcoats1976

Reaction score
its going to be a great car in the right hands.wonder how many people will kill somebody else with it trying to prove they have the right hands?

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It sure would be sweet if you could find a nice empty place to "blow out the carbon" :dude:

Bluesky

Reaction score
It sure would be sweet if you could find a nice empty place to "blow out the carbon" :dude:

0-60 jaunts will never be the same again:dude:

Stop sign to stop sign just pure music. But I can see lots of people being scraped off walls with it doing a Paul Walker.:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My 190HP BMW is too much to really open up on public streets. Unless I'm on the freeway, I can only ever pull through 1st, and even then I'm probably already over the speed limit. Unless our LEs get cooler about it, fast cars have no point off a track. That said, I'd love to get behind the wheel of one of these some day. With the red key. Hahahaha.

YoshiJimbo

Reaction score
...Dodge Challenger Hellcat gets 707 hp...

Yeah that reminds me of the scene with Vin Diesel from the first Fast and Furious. Referring to his father's old Dodge Charger, Toretto says "I'm afraid of it!" ... Wise man.

NRBQ

Reaction score
HELLCAT, great name, wonder where they got such a name?

GrummanF6F-5Hellcat2-300dpi.jpg

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
707 ponies is impressive for a street car, no doubt, but dammit Chrysler (Fiat, whatever the hell you are now, just thank god Daimler isn't running the show anymore) make a motherfvcking droptop Challenger. Every other car in its class has a rag, why not the Challenger? And it would be the best looking of the bunch with the top off. White ragtop on Plum Crazy Purple?? GTFO!!!!

Bluesky

Reaction score
Right!!? 4 doors? really? :shock: Make it an option , but they should make a 2dr version......:dude::cool:

west coast customs 01 - Bing Images

West Coast Customs made like 6 of these and said they would only ever do a total of 10. Get them to shoe horn in one of these HC 707 HP engines as well........:hmm: If they offer it as a crate motor it would be sick in a 68' Charger shell!:dude::dude: OR if you really have some ca$h to burn , WCC can fit the entire 68' shell over the running chasis of this 707HP Hellcat! :shock:

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No civilian needs that kind of power. Afterall, the max speed limit here is usually 65-75mph. Only the state should have vehicles like that for their militarized law enforcement.

bridge500t

Reaction score
Damn that car is BAD ASS!!! Out of all the retro body styles brought back that is my absolute favorite.

FUS44

Reaction score
west coast customs 01 - Bing Images

West Coast Customs made like 6 of these and said they would only ever do a total of 10. Get them to shoe horn in one of these HC 707 HP engines as well........:hmm: If they offer it as a crate motor it would be sick in a 68' Charger shell!:dude::dude: OR if you really have some ca$h to burn , WCC can fit the entire 68' shell over the running chasis of this 707HP Hellcat! :shock:

The newer version(different tail/doors) would be a much better choice for the WCC deal. When Fast and Loud do the new suspensions etc. for the old muscle cars, I start looking at the guitar collection as disposable. (The R9 stays, of course....), The old Charger is my fave.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
No civilian needs that kind of power. Afterall, the max speed limit here is usually 65-75mph. Only the state should have vehicles like that for their militarized law enforcement.

:hmm::laugh2:

/Zombie Apocalypse..

L.A.L.P.

Reaction score

You are kidding right?

Tone deaf

Reaction score
They will be popping up in state and local police departments before too long. They can only buy so many armored vehicles, light tanks and citizen-suppressing technologies with all the federal anti-terrorism moneys that they get.

Latest Threads