Nibs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason_mazzy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ok, so alot of newer ppl seem to think u can buy or add NIBS. They were not here or didnt see the whole NIB shit that Sables retarded ass started. So I wanna set U all straight and help you out, because it is funny to us, but probably not funny to someone who think u can actually buy them.

What is a NIB? Ok U see an LP with binding up the neck? Notice how the binding partially covers the fret? thats a nib. Yes over time it wears off. No you can not buy one, it is a part of original binding.

Sables bullshit was he adds nibs. Well I know from messing with way to much stuff I shouldn't that he is most probably full of Shite. Yes U can melt plastic with acetone and paint some on, but at that point ur unlikely to match and the acetone will probably eat through ur binding making you much worse off.

Technically u could do it with hours of patiance involving sanding and slow labor, so as not to ruin ur original binding, but thats like spending $1500 on your eyelashes, when we r more interested in whats in your pants.

So I hope this helps, and I wish you all the best of luck with your nibs.

Harpozep

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I loves Nibs. No nibs = no deal.:D
Nibs, never leave home without them:D

guitaraddict

Reaction score
That's cool, I've seen alot of nib talk on here:D. I know that Mike at Forrester Kustoms does replace nibs that's the only reason that I was asking about them in my post. I just wasn't sure how much of a pain it would be or if it would be worth it.

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I like my nibs shaken.

Not stirred.

jason_mazzy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's cool, I've seen alot of nib talk on here:D. I know that Mike at Forrester Kustoms does replace nibs that's the only reason that I was asking about them in my post. I just wasn't sure how much of a pain it would be or if it would be worth it.

hey like I said possible, but alot o work if u try urself and don;t know what ur doing. to those with sharp points I would venture to say clear nail polish would suffice.

ಠ_ಠ

Reaction score
Of course SABLE can install nibs. His brother works for the FBI.

Jason

Reaction score
I'm just glad that you're interested in what's in my pants! :naughty: :laugh2:

mtgguitar

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on all the nib traffic around here, someone could make a lot of money making aftermarket nib replacements.:hmm:

I just don't have the time.:D

AmazingJourney

Reaction score
Nibs, nibs, nibs, what's up with all the nib talk lately................

ExNihilo

Reaction score
Actually, melting binding in acetone is a very easy, effective, and non-risky way to ad nibs. I have done it several times. As long as you have the right binding and mix it thick, it's a piece of cake.

Sincerely, xn

jason_mazzy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
nihlo and sable sitting in a tree..................... m i x i - i n g nibs for me..................

mtgguitar

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously.

Without spending more time reading posts, I assume Sable strung us along in two separate threads.:(

If that is true, someone should pull his plug. Send me his IP address in case he pops up again.

He's only been a member for 6 months.:shock:

qwank

Reaction score
he got banned for a week for all the BS. he's back now, but he's been quiet. i think he learned his lesson.

djwilbanks

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
nihlo and sable sitting in a tree..................... m i x i - i n g nibs for me..................

Actually, ex has built two of the finest Replicas I've seen outside of some Max Replicas.

If he talks, I usually listen. :laugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads