Nibs or No Nibs, which do you prefer?

Do you prefer a Gibson with fret nibs or without fret nibs?

• With fret nibs

Votes: 69 52.3%
  • Without fret nibs

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • No preference

Votes: 37 28.0%

• Total voters

Adinol

Reaction score
I grew up poor and like nibs. Am I a corksniffer?
We were also very poor when I was a kid. Oh, so very poor... In fact, if I weren't a boy I wouldn't have even had anything to play with.

But now that I'm all grown I have my Gibson with nibs at the side of the neck, so it feels really nice in my hand. It reminds me of my childhood.

itsTrips

Reaction score
Nibs! Definitely nibs. BUT.. I MUCH prefer the tiny ones, like on the LPs with the thinner original binding, where the nib is really tiny, yet still there. Actually, I've never been a fan of the thicker binding at all. I'm actually glad they seem to have gone back to using the thinner stuff in the last year or two. Actually making me wanna buy another LP! lol

gball

Reaction score
Nibs! Definitely nibs. BUT.. I MUCH prefer the tiny ones, like on the LPs with the thinner original binding, where the nib is really tiny, yet still there. Actually, I've never been a fan of the thicker binding at all. I'm actually glad they seem to have gone back to using the thinner stuff in the last year or two. Actually making me wanna buy another LP! lol
Agree 100%. I'm down to only one that has the thicker binding. It's coincidentally my go-to, so I guess the nibs aren't really that bad though.

Adinol

Reaction score
Funny you say that. I just put a down payment on a new LP.

efstop

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will only play guitars with female nibs. Not into male nibs at all.

Latest Threads