NHL 2021

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
How's everyone liking the format and changes this year?

How do you feel about your city's team?

Even with a shortened season, I'm giddy just to have hockey back.

My Blue Jackets picked up Koivu, Domi and Laine this year. We lost out top forwards in Dubois and Anderson, but I feel we're a crap load stronger now.

Laine is awaiting a 48 hour quarantine before he's cleared to play and he was on IR in Winnipeg before we got him. I hope he hits the ice soon as we need a scoring machine like him.

Being in the Central division this year has been fun so far. No f*cking Boston....lol. :)

Just made this thread to talk and bitch about hockey this year.

Wicked shoot-out goal from our hardest working player, Texier from the other night against Florida. :)

LP121

Reaction score
Not sure what to think of the Pens this year.

They're always a hard team to get a bead on.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Been a hockey fan since I first laced up a pair of skates at about age 6...played through college and still going strong in my 50s in beer league.

LP121

Reaction score
Having their GM resign 7 games into the season kind of throws a wrench into the plans.
It sure does. I also thought it was a bad move to sever ties with Mark Recchi. He should have gone back to player development. He was phenomenal in that position.

Droog

Reaction score
It sure does. I also thought it was a bad move to sever ties with Mark Recchi. He should have gone back to player development. He was phenomenal in that position.
They might be positioning things for some kind of rebuild, not necessarily complete, but partial perhaps. Rutherford was always a go for it every year GM, and 2 cups is nothing to ignore, a step backward to rebuild for the future might not have been something he would agree with?

LP121

Reaction score
They might be positioning things for some kind of rebuild, not necessarily complete, but partial perhaps. Rutherford was always a go for it every year GM, and 2 cups is nothing to ignore, a step backward to rebuild for the future might not have been something he would agree with?
Maybe. The core talent isn't getting any younger.

:laugh2:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
If the season ended today, my Devils would have a winning record and would make the playoffs.

Latest Threads