NGS... New Guitar Summer! 2014 R8 and 2014 R9 Transition Burst

tubes10s

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of great guitars over the course of this summer, but haven't had a chance to show them off here yet. :dude: I got a Gibson Les Paul 1958 Reissue, and a Gibson Les Paul 1959 Reissue, both 2014 models.

Here are a few pics of the R8. It is a Sunrise Tea Burst gloss finish. I bought it from Gbrat's Guitars, and everything was very smooth and he was super easy to work with. He was very patient with all of my questions. I bought it as new and completely stock, and I don't plan on changing anything about this guitar. It plays great, and just feels "right." It doesn't show as much in the pictures, but it has a nice older look to it with the dark flecks and light flame on the top. The neck is very similar in size and feel to the R9 that's shown later in this post. The first picture is one that I took at home, and the second one is from Gbrat's website.

2014-R8_zps8f8c3531.jpg

2014R8-shopphoto_zpsfab93d4b.jpg

And here's the R9, also in Sunrise Tea Burst in gloss. I bought it from Marks Guitar Loft, and also had a great experience with him. He has been very quick to answer any and all of my questions, before and after buying. I bought it as new as it would arrive from the factory, and I will leave it stock. It also plays awesome, and seems to get better every time I pick it up. This guitar is a "Transition Burst" from Gibson, meaning that it was built according to 2014 specs, but it has a 2013 serial number. The first picture is my own from home, and the following pics are from MGL's website.

2014-R9_zps4dd4178e.jpg

Capture4_zps406cf886.jpg

Capture1_zps5c1f9de7.jpg

Capture3_zpsa0976905.jpg

Capture2_zpse583bcb0.jpg

Capture5_zpsa2bf3a95.jpg

jamman

Reaction score
HNGD , they both look great . Nice of you put up a pic of the COA, I had been wondering about them , since Gibson hasn't posted any spec's for the 2014 LP's and a few other 2014 guitars.

A few more pics of both guitars wouldn't hurt either ,:thumb:

tubes10s

Reaction score
If I can figure out how to make my pictures look as good as a lot of you guys do, I'll definitely post more. My pictures look washed out compared to how the guitars look in person. Both guitars look more like the dealer pics in real life.

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
If I can figure out how to make my pictures look as good as a lot of you guys do, I'll definitely post more. My pictures look washed out compared to how the guitars look in person. Both guitars look more like the dealer pics in real life.

Don't worry...they will still be better than Dave's! :laugh2:

buckwild

Reaction score
I remember that transition burst when Mark originally had it listed... I dig it!

jacopo

Reaction score
Fantastic top on the R9!

Nice shot! Bravo!

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both look outstanding. Congrats!

Latest Threads