NGOD: The wait begins...

lunchbox

Reaction score
I'll bet the seller is on this forum.

Just bought my first LP in 11 years or so. The last Gibby I had was a 2016 SG Standard that I sold a couple years back. I couldn't find others to play with, so I sold it and all my gear for...some reason that I can't remember anymore. But suddenly there's a bunch of people putting out ads to start bands where I live. Total switch!

I've always wanted one of these...Les Paul Junior. I just love the stripped down look and burst. It's been upgraded with a Lollar P-90, Faber aluminum TP, and Gotoh plate tuners. The seller is only about 1 hour away so I'll go pick it up sometime this weekend. Oh hell yeah.
opqm5vvtjp4wvgviqtlm.webp

nf9y8us5q96l50jm630x.webp

y17vp7ykmuqk8xqsocqi.webp

Leee

Extremism in defense of Liberty is no vice
Reaction score
Congrats man!!!

I've never been able to find one with a thin neck.
Well, aside from a few OLD ones that I wasn't willing to pay for.

So I'm doing an all-Mahogany Warmoth build on a Strat platform.

I'm excited to get all the pieces together, but I still want a Real Deal Junior.

GrandJunction

Reaction score
Several years ago I got a killer deal on a spectacular Les Paul Junior - and through some momentary lapse of reason ended up trading it for something that I don't even remember anymore.

HUGE mistake.

Enjoy yours!

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
…I just love the stripped down look and burst. It's been upgraded with a Lollar P-90, Faber aluminum TP, and Gotoh plate tuners. The seller is only about 1 hour away so I'll go pick it up sometime this weekend. Oh hell yeah...
Drive carefully!

I love mine.
If I could afford to collect them I’d have every iteration ever made!

71301ABF-1B01-4A49-AE05-380893F41C82.jpeg

mjross

Reaction score
Congrats, those are excellent guitars and a lot better than one might think. Bought the Custom Shop version by accident last year so I got a chance to play one for a while before I traded it for a killer DC Special. I’m a lefty that plays lefty strung rightie. I would have kept that Junior but playing upside down you have limited access to the higher registers due to the single cut. Not a problem with a DC Special. You’ll really dig it that guitar, they’re sooo cool!

lunchbox

Reaction score
Congrats, those are excellent guitars and a lot better than one might think. Bought the Custom Shop version by accident last year so I got a chance to play one for a while before I traded it for a killer DC Special. I’m a lefty that plays lefty strung rightie. I would have kept that Junior but playing upside down you have limited access to the higher registers due to the single cut. Not a problem with a DC Special. You’ll really dig it that guitar, they’re sooo cool!
I really, really wanted a DC, but all the cherry red ones with the smaller pg’s are vintage or custom shop. I didn’t want a tribute with the big pg.

mjross

Reaction score
I really, really wanted a DC, but all the cherry red ones with the smaller pg’s are vintage or custom shop. I didn’t want a tribute with the big pg.
Yeah, I’m diggin the DC even though it is a righty, works well with the double cut. The DC Special and Jr. are excellent guitars, just took me a while to get it. Rock on Sir!

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
New guitar ordering day. Maybe NGPD would have been better (purchasing). I pick it up this afternoon.
Dang it @lunchbox , now Ya got me IWTBANGT ! ( I Want To Buy A New Guitar Today ) A-Hole ! :rofl:

Seriously, congratulations and enjoy. I have one in the same color, amazing guitars.

efstop

rude and low IQ'd
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy NGD!
I don't have a "real" Junior yet. One 2007 Epiphone '57 Reissue Junior, and a 2019 Junior Tribute DC. I suppose the DC is a real Junior because Gibson says it is, but I'd still like a USA Junior.

mjross

Reaction score
Happy NGD!
I don't have a "real" Junior yet. One 2007 Epiphone '57 Reissue Junior, and a 2019 Junior Tribute DC. I suppose the DC is a real Junior because Gibson says it is, but I'd still like a USA Junior.
Those Jr Tribute DC‘s are actually very nice guitars. I have a few of them and I really dig them. I modified this one replacing the P90 with a Wolfetone Dr. Vintage Humbucker and it is ABSOLUTELY killer. Gibson appears to have discontinued the Jr Tribute DC, big mistake, they were on to something!

1670100611148.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Threads