NGDish - 2016 Custom Shop 1960 Reissue, G0

pjholland

Reaction score
Maybe he means a woman? I don't know either. Cool story and great looking guitar!

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’ll just admit that I can be pretty dense sometimes and I have no idea what your talking about.
Your thread title is NG Dish..... sort of

Nice R0G0 .... someone is gonna ask..... “what’s a rogo?”

The internet.... right?

Metal Guru

Reaction score
Hello all, so I’ve finally gotten around to posting this as I’ve had the guitar since early July. A little background on how I came to buy this. The fire department that I work for puts on a yearly blues fest, myself other musicians on our department were planning on playing like we had done in the past. I was the one that put the setlist together and I had some different songs on there that I’ve never played before and as I started to practice them I realize that I just couldn’t get the tone that I wanted to from my strat on some of these songs. I had a lightbulb moment and I realized it was a Les Paul that was being played. This was difficult for me because I’ve never dug humbuckers very much at all. So I started looking on the Internet and that’s how I stumbled onto this forum. I lurked for a while and ultimately fell head long into this rabbit hole. It took a while before I could convince my wife that this was actually a need, she’s very tough, but she came around after a while. I saw this guitar originally posted on Craigslist very close to me and then it popped up here in the classifieds. After going back and forth with T Willis we agreed on a price and he was very kind to meet me in a very public place. The guitar was everything he said it was and he was a cool guy too. I got the guitar home, plugged it in and with the first chord I screamed “that’s it!” I’ve completely fallen in love with this guitar and it will have to be pried from my cold dead hands, it’s a forever guitar for sure. So we ended up not playing the fest due to politics but I still have my axe! I love this guitar so much. I really like the scale, the neck and the sound. So I owe you all, and Tyler, a huge thanks for being the fanatics that your are and making a believer out of me.
Oh, it’s a 2016 custom shop 1960 reissue, G0. Aged Antiques, Black Beauty capacitors and CTS pots.
View attachment 636619
That looks exactly like my '15 G0.
I am always surprised by the amount of players I meet that that don't own a LP. Seems like the most common barrier that you eluded to is cost. Great Les Pauls can be found at every price point but it takes effort to find the ones that please your ear. I own two other VOS' besides the G0; all are individuals and all sound great in their own ways. My best sounding LP, however, is my '98 Classic. That kinda proves my point. Anyway, congratulations on your acquisition.

leofender55

Reaction score
Good choice! I've had a number of LP's over the years, and of the 6 that I currently have, my 2006 G0 that I bought in 2007 is the best of the bunch.

T Willis

Reaction score
Just now seeing this… Thanks for the kind words and glad you’re enjoying the Les Paul!

J557

Reaction score
That looks exactly like my '15 G0.
I am always surprised by the amount of players I meet that that don't own a LP. Seems like the most common barrier that you eluded to is cost. Great Les Pauls can be found at every price point but it takes effort to find the ones that please your ear. I own two other VOS' besides the G0; all are individuals and all sound great in their own ways. My best sounding LP, however, is my '98 Classic. That kinda proves my point. Anyway, congratulations on your acquisition.
I think what stopped me from considering a LP was the fact that I’ve always been a strat guy. My favorite players played strats too. I don’t think the cost was the deciding factor either. But, as I mentioned previously, it was the tone that drew me. I still love my strat but I am in love with this LP.

J557

Reaction score
Good choice! I've had a number of LP's over the years, and of the 6 that I currently have, my 2006 G0 that I bought in 2007 is the best of the bunch.
Is that the guitar in your profile pic?

dodger916

Reaction score
I wish I never sold mine. So many great tones in it, and a great historic vibe to boot.

gtr-tek

Fumble Fingers
Reaction score
Very nice fiddle! Sounds good too! Enjoy it in good health.

el84ster

Reaction score
Wow looks great! And your rhythm tone is exactly what I want to hear from a les Paul!

I love how this worked out: hon, I need a different guitar for our gig
Gig canceled but still got the axe. Yes!

J557

Reaction score
Wow looks great! And your rhythm tone is exactly what I want to hear from a les Paul!

I love how this worked out: hon, I need a different guitar for our gig
Gig canceled but still got the axe. Yes!
Thanks so much, I feel the same way!

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
I have two ROGO’s. Same color and for a GO, nice tops. Most GO’s are plain tops, but yours/mine are the nice flame tops. Mine are wonderful guitars and insanely good Values for a reissue. Awesome guitar and rock out bro!!!!

Latest Threads