NGDish - 2016 Custom Shop 1960 Reissue, G0

J557

Reaction score
Hello all, so I’ve finally gotten around to posting this as I’ve had the guitar since early July. A little background on how I came to buy this. The fire department that I work for puts on a yearly blues fest, myself other musicians on our department were planning on playing like we had done in the past. I was the one that put the setlist together and I had some different songs on there that I’ve never played before and as I started to practice them I realize that I just couldn’t get the tone that I wanted to from my strat on some of these songs. I had a lightbulb moment and I realized it was a Les Paul that was being played. This was difficult for me because I’ve never dug humbuckers very much at all. So I started looking on the Internet and that’s how I stumbled onto this forum. I lurked for a while and ultimately fell head long into this rabbit hole. It took a while before I could convince my wife that this was actually a need, she’s very tough, but she came around after a while. I saw this guitar originally posted on Craigslist very close to me and then it popped up here in the classifieds. After going back and forth with T Willis we agreed on a price and he was very kind to meet me in a very public place. The guitar was everything he said it was and he was a cool guy too. I got the guitar home, plugged it in and with the first chord I screamed “that’s it!” I’ve completely fallen in love with this guitar and it will have to be pried from my cold dead hands, it’s a forever guitar for sure. So we ended up not playing the fest due to politics but I still have my axe! I love this guitar so much. I really like the scale, the neck and the sound. So I owe you all, and Tyler, a huge thanks for being the fanatics that your are and making a believer out of me.
Oh, it’s a 2016 custom shop 1960 reissue, G0. Aged Antiques, Black Beauty capacitors and CTS pots.
5A21A402-4255-4B0E-B407-0CA06BE533CC.jpeg

Attachments

• 2016 Custom Shop 1960 Reissue G0.jpeg
    2016 Custom Shop 1960 Reissue G0.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 45,289

spartacus slim

Reaction score
That’s a beauty! The top really suits the burst colour - very cool Joe Perry vibes...

I’m personally a fan of the 1960 neck profile, so everything about your guitar gets a big thumbs up from me. :thumb::cheers:

JMP

Reaction score
Huge win!!! I like your approach to purchasing a Les Paul - one and DONE.

Since you procured an amazing instrument, then your blues fest got canceled, I propose you coordinate your own mini festival. Go for it!

Dilver

Reaction score
Looks awesome. I’ve had nothing but positive experiences buying from the forum classified. Congrats!

J557

Reaction score
Looks awesome. I’ve had nothing but positive experiences buying from the forum classified. Congrats!
I was really happy and it wasn’t weird at all meeting Tyler. Common ground does that I guess.

J557

Reaction score
Huge win!!! I like your approach to purchasing a Les Paul - one and DONE.

Since you procured an amazing instrument, then your blues fest got canceled, I propose you coordinate your own mini festival. Go for it!
Thanks, I’m really happy with this guitar. I can’t imagine they could get much better but that could be my blissful ignorance. For now I’ll go on thinking I’ve got a fantastic guitar. Satisfaction is bliss.

K Dub

Reaction score
Looks great and sounds great! What amp were you playing through?

J557

Reaction score
Looks great and sounds great! What amp were you playing through?
Thanks, I am playing through my modded blues jr that has some old tubes that a friend of mine gave me. I also am using a 12AU7 instead of a 12ax7 and I like to tone better.