NGD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your idol

Reaction score
Hit it with some Virtuoso (spend the money its worth it) and it will nix a bunch of that yellowing if you wanna see more silver, some of that is in the finish and the silver greening out a bit.

now on to important shit. CONGRATULATIONS! Nothing in the world makes ya feel like ya got a big ol swingin set of brass balls like a Norlin Custom. Enjoy the jump in power level. You gambled and won.

gball

Reaction score
Hit it with some Virtuoso (spend the money its worth it) and it will nix a bunch of that yellowing if you wanna see more silver, some of that is in the finish and the silver greening out a bit.

now on to important shit. CONGRATULATIONS! Nothing in the world makes ya feel like ya got a big ol swingin set of brass balls like a Norlin Custom. Enjoy the jump in power level. You gambled and won.
I cleaned mine up with some lighter fluid and then did the virtuoso treatment. It cut an appreciable amount of the yellowing and really brought out the shine. Now, I give it a light polish with the Gibson spray pump stuff each time I play it and the finish keeps getting nicer and nicer looking.

Phylodog

Reaction score
I used both the Virtuoso cleaner as well as the polish and it certainly made a big improvement. I don't think it did anything to reduce the yellowing though, I'm ok with that. :dude:

your idol

Reaction score
I cleaned mine up with some lighter fluid and then did the virtuoso treatment. It cut an appreciable amount of the yellowing and really brought out the shine. Now, I give it a light polish with the Gibson spray pump stuff each time I play it and the finish keeps getting nicer and nicer looking.
Ive never been a bigger supporter/believer of a cleaning product in my life. I too use lighter fluid and virtuoso. The trickwith the Virtuoso is to give the cleaner time and slow rubbing, work its way in to break down the yellowing. Its crazy effective.

Before:

B4078181-0D90-48C2-875F-E9DB0BB19920.jpeg

after 3 treatments:
0B04C82C-F732-4DB8-9542-9A20F25C9AE7.jpeg

Saiko

Reaction score
Congrats on the new guitar! I completely understand the desire and willingness to "overpay" for the right guitar. I payed just under 4k for my '84 Custom that I recently obtained and some would call that high but I specifically wanted a black Custom made in my birth year and under 10 lbs... found one that was 9.2 lbs and checked all of the boxes as far as playability and condition AND it was even made in my birth month. Long story short, I paid the price and have ZERO regrets. I do love a good Silverburst and that is a fine example of one, I hope you continue to enjoy it!

Last edited:

Phylodog

Reaction score
Proper knobs came in today and I decided to do some surgery. I snagged the Faber aged nickel hardware off of my Trad Pro V and put it on the Silverburst along with the knobs. I've decided I'm sticking with the amber switch cap and the mirror is just sitting in there but I'm not fully committed to the clone game, maybe someday. I am not ashamed to admit that I am smitten with this thing and cannot stop looking at it whether I'm playing or not.

I'll never own anything cooler than this

Phylodog

Reaction score
But he was chicken?
If he's that close he's only got one thing on his mind and that's kickin my (you know what), I doubt he knew I was holding a phone. Little SOB doesn't weigh 2lbs and thinks he runs this place. Cockiest animal I've ever seen and I spent 20yrs in LE working pretty closely with K9 lol. The arrogance is offensive lol.

sonar1

Reaction score
Chickens are terrorists.

They used to make me fetch eggs in the henhouse when I was little.

I always laugh a little now, when I eat eggs.
Taste truth, chicken. Paybacks are cruel irony.

Paul Simon got the idea for “Mother and Child Reunion” from a chicken & eggs menu item in Queens, NY.

Last edited:

none2low

Reaction score
I see your chickens and raise you 6 African Geese and 3 goats.

I grew up with chickens, ducks, geese, pheasants, turkeys and goats. My mornings were never dull!

Oh and this was in Orange County, CA no less.

gball

Reaction score
Ive never been a bigger supporter/believer of a cleaning product in my life. I too use lighter fluid and virtuoso. The trickwith the Virtuoso is to give the cleaner time and slow rubbing, work its way in to break down the yellowing. Its crazy effective.

Before:

View attachment 529920
after 3 treatments:
View attachment 529921
That's great! Yours was more yellowed than mine was when I got it but I got similar results.
I'll never own anything cooler than this
Exactly how I feel about mine. I fell in love with them the very first time I ever saw one in a shop in 1979, and always wanted one. Got lucky and scored a clean all-original one about 5 years ago.

Daniel.S

Reaction score

Before:

View attachment 529920
after 3 treatments:
View attachment 529921
Looks good! But, that’s because you’re removing the clear. :)

your idol

Reaction score
Looks good! But, that’s because you’re removing the clear. :)
Ive never heard that about any Virtuoso products or Naptha. Both were recommended to me by restoration experts. It doesnt seem to affect the clear in any way.

moreles

Reaction score
I actively dislike silverbursts, but I know that others enjoy them, and yours appears to be a nicely aged and used example which IMO is a way more appealing vibe than the just-minted ones. Glad it worked out for you.

Bro KV

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
The aging on that Silverburst is fabulous!!

Latest Threads