NGD YAY

rbraad68

Reaction score
OK guys it finally showed around 11:30 this morning. Haven't had much time to play with it. I did take some pictures for you guys to check out. The pickups are the braided two wire you can see that in the control cavity pic. They gave a pretty good amount of wire too as they tucked the wire back into the guitars route . No switch craft set up just standard toggle switch. The guitar weighs 8.86 pounds which is a tad bit lighter than my 2 59's and most of mt other LP's ...Neck carve feels good if i had to describe it i'd say it's like my 50's but with a little bit more shoulder. Over all the guitar is solid and feels good in the hands. I think the sweet water 55 point bull shit is a joke! Action is high and im not even sure they did anything to the guitar... No case candy nothing. The trap locks don't work and even if they did i wouldn't use them... Ok guys i'm going back to bed gotta be up in 3 hours for work... Enjoy the pics i'll post some more once i get the strings off and have a peek under the pups.....

Attachments

KStopper65

Reaction score
I think the sweet water 55 point bull shit is a joke! Action is high and im not even sure they did anything to the guitar
I don't think they set it up for you.
I'm surprised theres no Switchcraft switch

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
55 point inspection does not include a set-up. They just check to see if the action is within factory specs without buzzing, which are generally not optimal for most people.

rbraad68

Reaction score
what the hell is up with all these adds?!! took me 5 miutes to figure out i wasnt logged in and even still tere is still a shit ton of adds.....

pugachev

Reaction score
Sweetwater doesn't actually check anything. Don't fall for it. Bought two guitars from there, one with a tone knob literally off the guitar rolling around in the box, the tone pot was also bad, and another with some kind of red stain all over the back of the other. You can't tell me someone did a "55 point inspection" with something like that. All they're good for is seeing the picture of the actual guitar you're going to buy.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Sweetwater doesn't actually check anything. Don't fall for it. Bought two guitars from there, one with a tone knob literally off the guitar rolling around in the box, the tone pot was also bad, and another with some kind of red stain all over the back of the other. You can't tell me someone did a "55 point inspection" with something like that. All they're good for is seeing the picture of the actual guitar you're going to buy.
I will never buy another guitar from sweet water. this guitar was far from setup when i got it. my sales rep used the excuse of their 55 point bullshit and the pictures of the guitar for not giving me a price match. i could have gotten this guitar cheaper else where instead i wound up paying 875 for it. Oh well their loss not mine. I buy alot of guitars.....

orrb_05

Reaction score
Looks great!! Does it play as good as it looks? After seeing yours, I ended up not taking the goldtop in lieu of the appetite burst, and went for the anaconda!! Arrives tomorrow - hoping it feels and plays as well as all my customs and my '59. I've no gripes about any of the IBG Epis that I've come by.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Looks great!! Does it play as good as it looks? After seeing yours, I ended up not taking the goldtop in lieu of the appetite burst, and went for the anaconda!! Arrives tomorrow - hoping it feels and plays as well as all my customs and my '59. I've no gripes about any of the IBG Epis that I've come by.

yeah man it does.. but you know me i tore it apart put a switch craft toggle and out put jack in it, replaced the pups with a JB in the bridge and Jazz in the neck. waiting on the faber kit to arrive then i will be able to finish it up and start dialing it in to the way i like it... Stock it played and sounded great the action was a little high i don't think sweet watter did shit to this thing. their 55 point bullshit. I'm going to get with my rep here soon and have a little conversation as to why i should buy another guitar off them EVER....

But yeah man the "anaconda" or as i refeer to it "the green" guitar.. is my favorite out of them all and even though i would of gotten the gold top had it been offerd to me i'm glad i got the green one....

orrb_05

Reaction score
From what I've read, sounds like the Faber kit can make a world of difference. Do you do the drop in kit, or replace the entire set (bushings as well)?

rbraad68

Reaction score
From what I've read, sounds like the Faber kit can make a world of difference. Do you do the drop in kit, or replace the entire set (bushings as well)?
i replace everythng it's called the master kit!!!

rbraad68

Reaction score
let me see if i have some pics of the faber kit i'm talking about?? i actually have a kit showing up in gold for my slash guitar....
faber install 01.jpg

Attachments

moreles

Reaction score
IMO, all the online mass-merchants are posers when it comes to personal attention to detail. Their business plan consists of moving as many units as possible, of turning contacts into sales, and mining their customer info to solicit new sales. The rest is posing, marketing, and storytelling. You're going to get a guitar in a cardboard box, not an instrument handed to you by a seller who's standing there while you try it, ask questions, etc. You save some money because you don't get what you don't pay for. I think the positing they do about service is contemptible because it creates false, impossible expectations. I bought a gig bag from Sweetwater and then got repeated followup calls and emails from my "personal rep" (???) trying to get me to buy more stuff. Buzz off.

rbraad68

Reaction score
IMO, all the online mass-merchants are posers when it comes to personal attention to detail. Their business plan consists of moving as many units as possible, of turning contacts into sales, and mining their customer info to solicit new sales. The rest is posing, marketing, and storytelling. You're going to get a guitar in a cardboard box, not an instrument handed to you by a seller who's standing there while you try it, ask questions, etc. You save some money because you don't get what you don't pay for. I think the positing they do about service is contemptible because it creates false, impossible expectations. I bought a gig bag from Sweetwater and then got repeated followup calls and emails from my "personal rep" (???) trying to get me to buy more stuff. Buzz off.
i will never buy a guitar from sweet water again... Honestly i like MF i can always get 100 bucks off what im buying. Infact with my loyalty points and ahe 119 dollars the guy took off this 59 im buying my total with tax is 511 dollars or 611 dollars i cant rember but the point is i'm getting a great deal on this next 59 and as long as it gets to my door in one piece im happy !! fuck sweet water is all i have to say.....

Latest Threads