NGD x 2, Custom and Standard content

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
I guess my mid-life crisis is in full effect, bought 2 new lesters a couple of days ago for no apparent reason :D

First up is a 1985 Custom in Ferrari red, looks almost new and came with the good ol' chainsaw case. Guess I'll call him "Magnum"

n5fnd1.jpg

259zhvd.jpg

2ih0xdv.jpg

Second one is a 2007 Standard Limited Edition in Midnight Manhattan blue, in my opinion the most beautiful guitar Gibson ever produced, been wanting one of these for years now and finally pulled the trigger.

o03vj6.jpg

mm2xqd.jpg

1zq3s4j.jpg

JM2112

Reaction score
Congratulations!!! :applause::applause::applause:

Nice score for both of them. Yeah, that blue standard is just a sweet looking finish! BTW, do we really need a reason to buy another LP?!?!?! :hmm:

HNGD!!! :dude:

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
Got the blue standard from Guitar Center's website, they were asking $1199 with no case, I called up and went into the whole "I'm kinda scared to buy a guitar without playing it, can you come down at all on the price?" routine, dude says he'll knock $100 off and throw in a new Gibson case, I said "Knock $200 off and throw in the case and it's a deal" and he went for it. So I ended up getting it for $999 with a free Gibson case, not to shabby for the prettiest guitar in the whole world lol.

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
Yeah I think the Ferrari red was a limited run they did back in the mid 80s, I read somewhere that Gibson worked out a deal with Ferrari to use their super secret red paint but I've read other accounts that say that never happened lol. Either way it's a looker for sure and also my first custom :)

kam4ff

Reaction score
I wish I had a suggestion, all of my guitars remain un named (I know its blasphemy) because I cant settle on a name. Its tough.

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
Ha, way ahead of ya, GC had a white custom on their website yesterday for $1299, but I snoozed so I losed cause it's long gone :/

Latest Threads