NGD worn classic !!

msalama

Reaction score
just sharing my experiances with these guitars
Well if I compare said Epi with my '73 Gibby DLX, no doubt the latter is a better guitar overall. The components, fit and finish are of superior quality even if it's a Norlin fiddle - and yet, I don't think I would've noticed anything overtly amiss with the Epi compared to the Norlin either had they both been available new at the same time*, because it's still a well made guitar.

So yeah, the Epi has more rough edges, but it's a good enough guitar to gig and record with regardless. Because while I'm largely out of the (semi) pro game by now, you still never know what turns up, and the Gibby's just too old for the road by now! I couldn't stand something happening to it while I'm not looking...

* To clarify, I didn't buy the DLX back then but only acquired it recently, I'm just comparing the two per say.

Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score
ANYWAYS... The guitar came out decent plays good. In conclusion I would of paid the extra 50 bucks for the regular classic.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted out mate!
hey man no hard feelings.. i feel like we had a miss understanding about the worn classic. I will say that in the end i like the guitar it's cool for sure. Thinking about putting one of these obsidian harnesses i have laying around into it. It's a toss up between " Road Rash " my regular classic or this worn series prob the worn guitar though...

Latest Threads