NGD worn classic !!

rbraad68

Reaction score
Ok guys here's the new guitar. I bought this to mod so i don't want to here all the crap about why i'm changing this or why i'm changine that.... i got the guitar on the cheap with my rewards points and a credit i had. i am waiting on my 59 to arrive so i got this to hold me over and tinker with. My first thoughts on the guitar is WOW this thing plays like crap!! So to be fair i'm going to change the strings and polish the frets then i'll make another call on how it plays.. i plugged it into the amp to check out the tones.. alnico's really sound good so thats a plus.. anyways here's a few pics of the guitar. i will post more this weekend when i can sit down and mess with it..

Attachments

rbraad68

Reaction score
The knobs that came on the guitar are really hard to grab hold of to use the push pull options. I had a set of these i took off my 60's that make it real easy to grab hold of to use the push pull options....

Attachments

rbraad68

Reaction score
Going to take the strings off tomarrow and polish the frets oil the board and change out the bridge pieces with these tone pro's i have... i want to put this set of SD pups i have laying around also. I already have them spliced into the five wire plug so they will drop right in and plug into the exsisting harness.. i will post pics as i go and keep this thread updated....

BRMarshall

Reaction score
Congratulations, it looks nice. I hope you can get the neck and action where you like. Looks like it can be a real good mod platform. Good luck.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Here are some pics i took of the guitar while changing a few parts.. i went with the SD pups. I was able to use the stock wire harness for now. I had a set of hip shot tuners laying around so i used them on this guitar. I also had the set of tone pro bridge pieces i took off the 59 so i used them on this guitar. I think the guitar came out great. I'm polishing the frets and fixing to oil the board. should be able to string it up here in a few hours....
worn 14.jpg

Attachments

rbraad68

Reaction score
Holy F-BOMB!!! That looks sweet!
Thx man!! I do have to say i was a little dissapointed with the quality of the body and the condition of the wood when looking into the pickup holes. This is NOT even close to the quality of the regular classic!!! the top looks alot thinner than the regular tops on my other LP's the routes are all rough and smaller than the other lp's the wood is all rough inside. I don't know but i'm guessing that they cut some corners building this guitar.. But she is a good looking guitar and for what i paid i cant really complain...

rbraad68

Reaction score
I just rolled my lazy butt outta bed to get an update, and I see the issue I have...

coffee...
lol now i'm ready for a nap!! i work 12 hour shifts 5 days a week some times 6 days this was one of those weeks :-/ got the classic strung up and everything works as it should. SD sound good in this guitar with the stock harness.. put some blk control covers on this thing tossed the cream ones in my parts box. I like the board in this one it really darkened up nicely...

Attachments

rbraad68

Reaction score
OK heres a couple more pics.. When i installed the hipshot tuners i used the hex bolts and chrome washers instead of the blk ones that came on the hipshot tuners. I think it looks good with the chrome washers and nut.... Ok done messing with this one. I'm going back to getting the top polished out. Alot of little tight spots i have work out. Feels like it's going to take me a week to get this all done so i can put it back together :=/

Attachments

msalama

Reaction score
This is NOT even close to the quality of the regular classic!!!
Yeah? Strange because mine was great out of the box, including how well it was set up. QC woes at the factory perhaps?

rbraad68

Reaction score
Yeah? Strange because mine was great out of the box, including how well it was set up. QC woes at the factory perhaps?
strange??? you think i'm lying? I own both guitars and this worn is not the same "BUILD" quality as the regurlar classic. I'm sure yours did or does play great out of the box i got a 50's series that was awesome right out of the box it happens.. I'm talking about the wood the craftman ship of the guitar. they cut alot of corners on this worn and im pretty sure if i measured the maple top the worn would have a smaller top.. anyways i'm glad you enjoy your guitar rock on brother....

**edit**

and just to be clear i am in no way trying to hurt anyones feelings. I'm simply just talking about what i seen and thought about the guitar when i took it apart to do the upgrades. I was disapointed to say the least when i saw the wood inside the pickup cavitys it reminded me when i bought that 2020 studio lt body to do a project on. The worn is a great guitar but for 50 dollars more the regular classic is the way i wish i had gone. BUT all the hoops MF wants me to jump thru to return the guitar it's just easier to keep the guitar. So if I hurt anyones feeling over my thoughts just know i wasn't trying to belittle the worn classic owners out there. I'm sure the guitars play great infact mine does too. I'm just not happy about the buils quality of the quitar....

Last edited:

msalama

Reaction score
Where did I say I thought you were lying? Chill out dude and stop throwing your toys out of the pram. I just wondered because mine was 100% OK right out of the box and the build quality is good.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Where did I say I thought you were lying? Chill out dude and stop throwing your toys out of the pram. I just wondered because mine was 100% OK right out of the box and the build quality is good.
well maybe i miss took what you were saying man and for that i'm sorry but i'm just sharing my experiances with these guitars.

msalama

Reaction score
All good man. Sharing experiences is what we're here for. And it's the internet, where misconceptions abound anyway.

Oakman29

Reaction score
I had the same experience, great outta the box.
I think it depends on where you get it too! I bought mine from Sweetwater, and they set the guitar up for you prior to shipping. Mine plays perfectly.

rbraad68

Reaction score
I had the same experience, great outta the box.
I think it depends on where you get it too! I bought mine from Sweetwater, and they set the guitar up for you prior to shipping. Mine plays perfectly.
yeah man i really like yours that purple rocks!! i bought mine to mod i already had a set of SD pups with the 5 wire plugs spliced onto them. I also had sone hipshot tuners laying around and a tone pro bridge.. i polished the frets oiled the board and put it all back together. guitar plays awesome....

Latest Threads