NGD Wildwood Select 50s & First Post!

JimmyO

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Been playing Les Pauls for several years now, but just received this one from Wildwood, so thought I’d register and post some pictures for you.

AB847C5C-8D96-4944-9454-B41A4061FDC3.jpeg
9664DE56-B2E8-4109-A29B-14EE64D3CC73.jpeg
A72B44FA-5978-4B58-B559-6CB72CE05BE9.jpeg
82D7630C-8AA9-4906-BC04-BC85FB55F24F.jpeg

It’s a shame I can’t replicate the new guitar smell. This one was incredible. Definitely in honeymoon mode right now but love the way it looks, plays and sounds. The 50s neck is very comfortable and I’m really liking the sweet tones from the 59 pickups. The guitar is very resonant and has a really ballsy tone with a sweet edge.
The folks at Wildwood were first class. They helped me pick an ideal Les Paul and provided a full setup to suit my style. They ensured the usual setup items like nut, action, intonation etc were taken care of before the guitar arrived. It plays perfectly for me. I can’t fault anything on this guitar, very good quality, and shows a great synergy between manufacturer and dealership.

themollusk79

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! I’ve had my select for a week and can’t put it down. I keep finding excuses to go play her. Yours is beautiful!

dCi_king

Reaction score
Beautiful Les Paul. Welcome to the forum!

peobryant

Reaction score
Congratulations, that is an absolutely gorgeous guitar.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Really enjoying my 50s too. Your top is nicer m

RocketKing

Reaction score
Great specimen you have there! Happy new guitar day, enjoy and stay safe :cheers:

anorton

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. That’s a beauty! Congratulations and happy NGD!

Bemis

Reaction score
Love my WW select!!!! Enjoy and welcome!

Jmpman

Reaction score
Love mine as well! And welcome! And as I've eluded to in my post's, they were a pleasure to purchase from. And yours is stunning!!!

Last edited:

Deathray

Reaction score
Well, that is simply GORGEOUS! That top is mesmerizing! I purchased my Standard 50s from wildwood, and you are correct on all counts! They are THE store to buy a Gibson from.
congrats!

JimmyO

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, appreciate all the positive vibes. Had a chance to test it out with my Splawn Quickrod today. The newer Splawn’s let you attenuate the overall volume using the fx loop so got some nice hot rodded JCM800 tones while not upsetting the family too much as we are staying at home.
Really impressed with the tone. Has a lot of depth and breadth to it, and covers a bit more of the sonic spectrum than my 2013 Les Paul classic/Tribute T, which is a great guitar but is focused slightly more on the upper mids.

The 50s Standard has an awesome chunk to it with power chords, and with open chords the top end is clear and sweet. Had a lot of fun rocking to Led Zep and Still of the night by Whitesnake. When testing a guitar for melody lines and sustain etc with gain I usually play along to the melody for Steve Vai’s for the love of god. This guitar nailed it with vocal textured midrange, long sustain and a sweetness in the highs. Very impressed, Gibson and Wildwood are doing something very right with these ones. Glad other folks are also equally enjoying them.

519tbarr

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Been playing Les Pauls for several years now, but just received this one from Wildwood, so thought I’d register and post some pictures for you.

View attachment 452553View attachment 452560View attachment 452561View attachment 452562

That guitar is stunning! #wildwoodrocks

It’s a shame I can’t replicate the new guitar smell. This one was incredible. Definitely in honeymoon mode right now but love the way it looks, plays and sounds. The 50s neck is very comfortable and I’m really liking the sweet tones from the 59 pickups. The guitar is very resonant and has a really ballsy tone with a sweet edge.
The folks at Wildwood were first class. They helped me pick an ideal Les Paul and provided a full setup to suit my style. They ensured the usual setup items like nut, action, intonation etc were taken care of before the guitar arrived. It plays perfectly for me. I can’t fault anything on this guitar, very good quality, and shows a great synergy between manufacturer and dealership.

moreles

Reaction score
Well, good luck matching this post in the future. What a guitar! Phenomenal color.

Latest Threads