NGD...Well, 5 Days Ago

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I had to let my guitars go several months back and, well, it has really sucked without them. Last Tuesday the FedEx man brought me a big brown box and it's taken me 5 days to be able to put this thing down and make a thread.

I picked up a new Standard Plus Top Pro in Iced Tea. I have to say that rather impressed. The build is completely solid. I can't find a flaw. It needed a setup and a change to 10's and now this baby is playing like a dream and staying in tune.

I was familiar with the Probucker-3 from the Traditional Pro that I used to own. So far, just as crunchy and mean as I remembered it to be. The real surprise is the Probucker-2 in the neck. Man I am loving this pup. Really fat, warm and what I would call smokey. The upper string breakup is lovely with the bottom strings remaining fat and clean.

I've played a lot of Epi's and every once in a while you get lucky and get your hands on one that makes you really puzzled concerning the price. This is definitely one of those guitars. Good work Epiphone!

Give me a minute and I'll post a few pics, well, shitty phone pics.

IMG_20130210_184449.jpg

IMG_20130210_184511.jpg

IMG_20130210_184552.jpg

mazzith

Reaction score
Grats bro!

I am still waiting for my Epi LP Tribute Plus to arrive.

Reaction score
Pics are up. If there is demand I'll take some more.

Mazzith...You will love the Tribute. That was one of the guitars that I had to let go of. Mine was Transblack. It is definitely a player. I loved the '57's that are in it.

bobswinea

Reaction score
Happy NGD!!! Looks like a real smooth beauty all right. Sounds like you are already enjoying it sos all I can say is Rock On. :applause:

o0sanity0o

Reaction score
HNGD!:applause:
She's a real beaut!

I've got to say Iced Tea is one of my all time favourite finishes. Don;t think I've ever seen one I havent liked:thumb:

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
Op a Crowes fan I see. HNGD

Crowes tour announced

RNR

LP01

M A D

Reaction score
:applause::band::rock::acoustic:

HNGD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool LP, nice color - looks superb!

Reaction score
Op a Crowes fan I see. HNGD

Crowes tour announced

RNR

LP01

Yep. I've Been a huge Crowes fan for many years now. Marc Ford was a huge inspiration for me becoming serious about playing. I fell out a little when Marc left but got over it. I really enjoyed what they did with the Warpaint and Frost/Freeze albums. Honestly, I'm glad Marc was gone and not part of those albums because the vibe they have might not have been there and plus his Fuzz Machine album is freakin' genius.

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
Yep. I've Been a huge Crowes fan for many years now. Marc Ford was a huge inspiration for me becoming serious about playing. I fell out a little when Marc left but got over it. I really enjoyed what they did with the Warpaint and Frost/Freeze albums. Honestly, I'm glad Marc was gone and not part of those albums because the vibe they have might not have been there and plus his Fuzz Machine album is freakin' genius.

Ford is a monster player for sure:dude:

I am really happy with Luther in the mix, but I am not sure if he is playing in this run :shock:

That said, I could be wrong. But I think I read that.

Cheers man.

Reaction score
Ford is a monster player for sure:dude:

I am really happy with Luther in the mix, but I am not sure if he is playing in this run :shock:

That said, I could be wrong. But I think I read that.

Cheers man.

You're right. Luther is out. I believe that they added Jackie Greene for this tour. I'm not too familiar with Greene. I believe that he has done most of his work helping out other artists/bands.

Unfortunately unless I hit the Philly show then I'm probably not catching them this round. Well, unless the wife wants to visit her parents in IL and I can make it up to Chicago.

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's sweet! I love the Iced Tea Burst. HNGD. :thumb:

Latest Threads