NGD Vintera '50s Telecaster

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
I had other things taking my time since yesterday when it arrived, but here it is, in all its Sonic Blue goodness. I love that fat U neck.
I've tuned it up, played it through my 1W Supro. It has twang for sure, but the Supro is a bit dark, so no ice pick. I'll try it into one my other amps later. I have a few... But let's look at the pics. I didn't really have a way to measure the neck thickness, so I had to cobble something.

Full Monty

Curvy neck

Vintage-y tuners

More curvy neck

Fender's 50% intonateable bridge

Vintage-y logo, tuners, string tree, too

thick neck

Thick neck, 12th

EDIT Sept 1 2020: can you believe that I'm thinking of trading this beauty for the Road Worn version? Come back sometime in October.

Last edited:

Jeremiah

The Worst
Premium Member
Reaction score
that thing is gorgeous. Fender kills it so much with these imports. I love the Classic Series, I'm sure I would love the Vintera

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
that thing is gorgeous. Fender kills it so much with these imports. I love the Classic Series, I'm sure I would love the Vintera
I wanted a Baja, but they are out of production, and I didn't buy right away the used one I had my hands on (it got sold.) This is better than the Baja and the Player series :)

tzd

Reaction score
Nice! I’m waiting to check out the Vintera Road Worn in October.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
I wanted a Baja, but they are out of production, and I didn't buy right away the used one I had my hands on (it got sold.) This is better than the Baja and the Player series :)
;)
Vintera 50s and 60s Modified have the 4-way switch and S1 phase option.

But it's an easy enough change to your standard Vintera.

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice! I’m waiting to check out the Vintera Road Worn in October.
I already preordered the blonde roadworn. I can’t wait. I’ve been waiting for an affordable relic for a long time.

monstruo_loco

Premium Member
Reaction score
Very nice tele you’ve got there, and next one I buy will have a thicker neck. I guess I kind of take micrometers and dial calipers for granted since my dad used them at work and made them available at an early age & other than expensive ones there weren’t many options back then, but nowadays inexpensive options are available. Something I’ve done in the past was to buy them for an annual “Yankee swap” Christmas party, and every year guys would take them off of someone rather than grabbing another package saying “I’ve never had these but need them”.
Harbor Freight and other places have them very reasonably priced if you ever have a need for them like for this. Enjoy your new guitar, I’d rather have that then a roadworn!

Latest Threads