NGD turned weekend fling- New R8 Bourbonburst VOS

caseychan

Reaction score
Bought this, and although it’s pretty magical, sent it back for some finish things I couldn’t live with. Either way, heck of a guitar. Thought some of you might enjoy some pictures anyway.
A5021329-70DE-4CAA-BED6-223BE2185BF9.jpeg
818F855F-CE21-4969-BEAF-B37941FA412A.jpeg
ED8C72C9-71FC-4ACE-B194-26343EB03B9C.jpeg
Tagged at Gibson Feb, 2020. ✌

mjross

Reaction score
Man, I’m really diggin bourbonburst lately! Very nice sir...

mono

Reaction score
We must have different definitions of "magical".... Those finish things must've been pretty terrible and not obvious in the photos you posted for me to send something like that back. But hey its your cash man. Hope you find a keeper in her place!

caseychan

Reaction score
We must have different definitions of "magical".... Those finish things must've been pretty terrible and not obvious in the photos you posted for me to send something like that back. But hey its your cash man. Hope you find a keeper in her place!
There were several problems, and no partial refund option. It was way too rough for me personally. I didn’t want to make a negative thread, that’s all.

Last edited:

danzego

Reaction score
What finish issues does it have?

It looks stunning, by the way. Love it! A shame you sent it back.

caseychan

Reaction score
What finish issues does it have?

It looks stunning, by the way. Love it! A shame you sent it back.
(black) Finish missing from part of the face of the headstock

(BlackFinish peeling at the nut on the face of the headstock

Color coats sanded through to light mahogany on edges of the back and back of headstock

two drop fills that weren’t level sanded on the top, one over a tiny black knot in the maple

scratches around volume pots and switch in the finish on the top, screwdriver gouge in the back, switch was loose and couldn’t be tightened...

I think that’s all. Roughest new guitar I’ve ever had. My last several purchases have been demos, and this was MUCH worse than all of their combined scratches and dents.

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sent it back to Gibson for all that? I sent a guitar back for a misaligned screw hole and they built me a new one..

Nice guitar!! Congrats!

danzego

Reaction score
(black) Finish missing from part of the face of the headstock

(BlackFinish peeling at the nut on the face of the headstock

Color coats sanded through to light mahogany on edges of the back and back of headstock

two drop fills that weren’t level sanded on the top, one over a tiny black knot in the maple

scratches around volume pots and switch in the finish on the top, screwdriver gouge in the back, switch was loose and couldn’t be tightened...

I think that’s all. Roughest new guitar I’ve ever had. My last several purchases have been demos, and this was MUCH worse than all of their combined scratches and dents.
Man, that sucks. Yeah, that’s just too much to deal with.

Latest Threads