NGD: Tokai LSS136

tele_player

Reaction score
Just arrived from G'Club Kurosawa - ordered Sunday, arrived in California Wednesday morning. FedEx is expensive, but it sure is fast! Ordered via Reverb, discounted from their original asking price. Maybe next time (? if I buy yet another new Tokai?) I'll order it direct from Kurosawa site.

Guitar arrived in perfect condition, well packed.

This is my third new Tokai since January, and it's another good one. Sounds wonderful, perfect setup, though I might raise strings a tiny bit, after allowing it to acclimate here for a while.

Sure, I'd like to find a nice 40 year old Reborn or Love Rock, in great shape, at a great price, but this is almost as easy as shopping on Amazon...
3265D303-BD2C-40B5-B32A-1098C414A05F.jpeg

Last edited:

tele_player

Reaction score
Normal width, a little thin front to back. Of my three Love Rocks, my favorite neck is the KLS165LW, which is a bit fatter.

I’m amazed by these Tokais.

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
As someone who owns vintage stuff I honestly wouldn't do the "would have been nice to have found a good deal on something vintage" thing. It's really nice to have a new guitar that's well sorted and doesn't need to be gone over by a luthier. Which is what is so great about having new Tokais readily available, assuming they make it in one piece, they're pretty much ready to go right out of the shipping box. That's a killer special, be even better once it's broken in - they all are.

smk506

Reaction score
As someone who owns vintage stuff I honestly wouldn't do the "would have been nice to have found a good deal on something vintage" thing. It's really nice to have a new guitar that's well sorted and doesn't need to be gone over by a luthier. Which is what is so great about having new Tokais readily available, assuming they make it in one piece, they're pretty much ready to go right out of the shipping box. That's a killer special, be even better once it's broken in - they all are.

That’s one thing I’d say about all my new made MIJs, they all come done. I’ve had to drop the bridge on most of them, but other than that they’re done out rod the box. No fret leveling, no nut tweaking. It’s a testament to what can be achieved by factories.

Latest Threads