NGD thought I'd try a standard and snagged this beauty

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
60's Iced Tea standard Decent weight for a non historic at 8lb 9oz. Non chambered, so will be interesting to compare to my R0.

4FD84F40-1B19-467C-A0AD-036A34F3C997.jpeg
FDECE022-A2C8-4964-8D6C-BA0FA499D541.jpeg

Last edited:

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice.

Congratulations.
Thanks, usual fatal or should it be fateful? error, drove to newcastle to pick up the Co2 pistol I ordered and thought I'll just pop into guitarguitar, it was on sale, so I saved £300

Leee

Extremism in defense of Liberty is no vice
Reaction score
Serendipity!

Congrats.
Very cool.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, usual fatal or should it be fateful? error, drove to newcastle to pick up the Co2 pistol I ordered and thought I'll just pop into guitarguitar, it was on sale, so I saved £300
Beautiful Standard.... and where’s the Co2 pistol?

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Standard.... and where’s the Co2 pistol?
It is amazing how close it looks to the 9mm, the mag is same size, and houses the co2 cart and a 17 round pellet belt that is really slow to load. Bought a spare mag to start practicing reloading drills etc.

I bought it as I had a great time in Prague at the range with a real one.

D4E23B57-BAB5-4502-A0E4-BD0974435072.jpeg

Last edited:

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is amazing how close it looks to the 9mm, the mag is same size, and houses the co2 cart and a 17 round pellet belt that is really slow to load. Bought a spare mag to start practicing reloading drills etc.

I bought it as I had a great time in Prague at the range with a real one.

View attachment 637805
Very cool

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous! I want. What pickups in those?
Gibson say there are alnico 5's and slightly different to what are in the '50's version, I don't think they are saying they are hotter but differently voiced. Looking forward to comparing I have a set of wizz pafs with alnico 5's and I like them for higher gain playing.

"The Burstbucker 61R (neck) Burstbucker 61T (bridge) pickups are loaded with AlNiCo V magnets, audio taper potentiometers and orange drop capacitors."

Oh and in case anyones wondering why its arriving tomorrow when I was in the shop today, its because of the return option for distance selling in the UK. So I check out the range in store then go home and buy the one I like.

If its got any playability issues beyond what a setup would cure its going back, and two weeks is a good time frame to be sure.

Last edited:

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here she is safe and sound, so far looking good. Neck straight as, quarter sawn as well looking at grain orientation.

Two piece body but you'd never know to look at it. Plastics are different to historic plastics. does somehow look a bit off when used to look/feel of royalite.

No issues ref scrapping lacquer off binding or 'ledges' nut appears well cut, no buzz from action as set on arrival. nice clear brighter sound than the historics I have. Didn't feel any noticeable body resonance from brief playing session I had.

Weight is a major plus for me, actually lighter than my R0, and the lowest available at time of looking. every other one where weight is stated was at least 1/2 pound heavier.

Flame is subtle, but runs full width of body. Slightly reminiscent of a certain Number 2 guitar.

So overall so far, very happy with this example of the 'standard line'.

6B06AEBB-745F-48EB-91CE-F2DEDD6526B3.jpeg
BAF842E2-43A3-4789-A3DB-F4EEE84F71E8.jpeg

HearHear

Reaction score
What a beautiful guitar. I love the look of the ‘60’s Standard. I prefer a thicker 50’s neck unfortunately for me, because I like the ‘60’s look much better. Gorgeous guitar.

Tollie

Reaction score
It’s beautiful and the weight is just right. I have Alnico 5 magnets in my Amos set and I love those pickups.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats and HNGD! Iced Teas are awesome!
Its a darker version of what I'd call iced tea, but it looks good in the flesh. Been playing it a fair bit today although fingers have softened up after two weeks not playing due to being in Prague working.

1allspub

Reaction score
Its a darker version of what I'd call iced tea, but it looks good in the flesh. Been playing it a fair bit today although fingers have softened up after two weeks not playing due to being in Prague working.
Geez, if I had a dollar every time I heard the old “fingers have softened up after two weeks not playing due to being in Prague working” line. :laugh2:

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez, if I had a dollar every time I heard the old “fingers have softened up after two weeks not playing due to being in Prague working” line. :laugh2:
haha the pain is real, they are nearly back to normal though so all good. I was tempted to take my cheap tele copy but with 45kg of kit already I felt It might have been the last straw so to speak.

Latest Threads