NGD: The Dave-O-Caster

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I'm jealous. I want one of Dave's.

kevinpaul

Reaction score
Robert your new guitar is a beauty. It just looks like happy times ahead.

HeartString

>>>RSIYH<<<
Reaction score
Congratulations Rob!! I know how you feel Brother! Dave built this one for me and it's incredible. I've always wanted a Tele that had everything I wanted in it so I had Dave quote me and was I delighted to find how reasonable he is for the average layman. I love the colors you picked!

BadAssTele_zpswzlp5njg.jpg

I'm not as musically savvy as you but I was shocked at the power this thing has!!

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous Tele. Congrats Rob! Now I'm GASin' for another.

Had one built for me in '05 by a friend in Wisconsin. Sold to cover a bad debt in '07. Regretted my life, married my wife and she healed the wound that stabbed me like a knife. (song lyric maybe?...lol)
She found who owned it from friends up in Canada and bought it back for me and it will never leave me again.

A Telecaster is a must have axe and I'm glad you are blown away by your LT. Dave Fireball. Wishing you many, many years of guitar bliss.

CONGRATS again! :)

E1WOOD5150

Purveyor of Joke Grenades
Reaction score
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Youse de debbil, Mal! :shock:

But as to the thing with Mick Mars on Kickstart:

What was he using, there? Back when Crüe was fresh, I didn't know diddle about guitars and had no idea that in about 25 years I would finally start playing the instrument myself.

Saw an interview with Mick, and he was goofing around with a Stratocaster. But I have no idea what he was noted as playing back in the day...

--Rob :hmm:

Mick had the COOLEST mirror finish Kramer Tele with a Hockey stick headstock, dual 'buckers and a Floyd back in the day. Otherwise, he was using super-Strats with Floyds. Later on, he customized a bunch of big headstock Strats with Floyds and 'buckers.

Cruznolfart

Reaction score
Looks and sounds to be well worth the wait, Rawb. Very happy NGD to you, my brother, may you make beautiful music together for many years to come. Damn nice job, Dave! :applause::applause::thumb:

Sin Nombre

Reaction score
I like this accidental thread, it demonstrates how Rob's excitement over his new Tele is affecting his ability to function rationaly. :laugh2:

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! That looks just like a real store bought tele. :wow:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I have an '86 Paf just waiting to be put into a Tele. I have dreams of Dave making me a relic purple Fezzcaster w/ Bigs. I have to talk to Dave when he comes to Philly. Dave has talent. Good luck R, welcome to the club.

hecube

Reaction score
That guitar is a beauty! Add a b-bender to that sucker!

And you're right, the "Kid" solo is one of the most beautiful ever. It's up there along with the solo in "Sultans of swing"...

Sin Nombre

Reaction score
I like this accidental thread, it demonstrates how Rob's excitement over his new Tele is affecting his ability to function rationaly. :laugh2:

Well the mods merged the accidental thread so my post makes no sense now but this is nothing new, is it?

PreacherCruz

Reaction score
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Youse de debbil, Mal! :shock:

But as to the thing with Mick Mars on Kickstart:

What was he using, there? Back when Crüe was fresh, I didn't know diddle about guitars and had no idea that in about 25 years I would finally start playing the instrument myself.

Saw an interview with Mick, and he was goofing around with a Stratocaster. But I have no idea what he was noted as playing back in the day...

--Rob :hmm:

Mick had the COOLEST mirror finish Kramer Tele with a Hockey stick headstock, dual 'buckers and a Floyd back in the day. Otherwise, he was using super-Strats with Floyds. Later on, he customized a bunch of big headstock Strats with Floyds and 'buckers.

Mick played LOTS of guitars but for a while, he mainly played Hamer and Kramer. Here is a breakdown by tour/album of his known gear. Motley Crue - Mick Mars Guitar Gear Rig and Equipment

kevinpaul

Reaction score
Fantastic, our own LT Dave is a true artist, takes a soul to build from the heart.

Cpt Matt Sparrow

Reaction score
Rob, I almost missed this, the Dave o caster is absolutely stunning. Nice work Dave and congratulations Rob!

Any sound clips for your geeky mlp amigos?

Matt

Sin Nombre

Reaction score
Dave happened to be talking about the breed in the Mad Hatter thread, where every Tuesday is celebrated as "Telecaster Tuesday"... much to the dismay of Mindfrigg, who isn't exactly a fan of that particular instrument. :D

One thought led to another, and the next thing you know I was on the phone talking with the Lieutenant about perhaps getting him to build a Tele for me, too.

A beautiful Tele Rob :applause:, I wish I could hear it. :(

'Tele Tuesday' on the Hatter thread was born two years ago after I posted my newly completed Warmoth Tele there. Mindfrigg's less than enthusiastic response led to the Tele owners on the thread posting all manner of Tele pics and vids to persuade Frigg to correct his thinking and that morphed into 'Tele Tuesday'. I am happy to hear I had a small part in bringing you and Dave together for this collaboration. Enjoy. :thumb:

Latest Threads