NGD The cherry ES-235 is here! Ebony one along for comparison

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I let the gig bag acclimate for 6-7 hours and that was enough, Here it is! This is one beautiful finish. There's hardly any grain showing through so it almost looks like its Candy Apple Red. Tuning needed a minor adjustment, everything else is just the way I like it. I haven't plugged in the Mustang Micro yet but I've played it acoustically. The necks on these 235s are really comfortable, not a slim taper, not a '50s, either.

Interestingly, my ebony 235 has an ABR with posts directly into the wood. This cherry one has an ABR with bushings. I've included photos of both, because why not? This is the first time I've had two of the same model guitar. Don't know if I should keep the ebony one or not but it's hard to let go, y'know?

Pics!

full

full

full

full

One thing they messed up is taking the serial and model numbers from the COA, which is for an ebony guitar, as is the inspection card. I've sent an email requesting an invoice with the serial number that's on the guitar.

Last edited:

RocketKing

Reaction score
Very nice! I'm biased for cherry when it comes to finishes... But why can't you just keep them both?
You could try changing pickups in order to have different sounds available.

Latest Threads