NGD- Tele Elite

cmerch

Reaction score
Congrats!
I played guitar for quite a while before I tried my 1st tele. My mistake. Now I have 3.

lakeburst

Reaction score
The deluxes are a very good choice!
And that binding on black looks just killer!

Congrats :applause:

Last edited:

rogue3

Reaction score
That Black is super nice! score!:cool2: I have the 9 to 14 compound radius on a previous generation Deluxe Tele and agree,it is a very comfortable board to play on.
How would you describe the sound of the latest generation noiseless pickups?

Tiboy

Reaction score
The pick ups are clear, articulate and bright. How much of the brightness comes from the maple neck/board I don’t know. They seem somewhat thin sounding but I’m comparing them to my mostly HB guitars. They cut through the mix of backing tracks played through a PA. I like them a lot as they are very different from my beloved R9. It’s a keeper.

rogue3

Reaction score
The pick ups are clear, articulate and bright. How much of the brightness comes from the maple neck/board I don’t know. They seem somewhat thin sounding but I’m comparing them to my mostly HB guitars. They cut through the mix of backing tracks played through a PA. I like them a lot as they are very different from my beloved R9. It’s a keeper.
That is similar in description to the N3's on my Deluxe Tele's.I did find initially the neck pup was a little weak sounding... the bridge pup was ballsy sounding,with more power, louder,and less bright than a classic Tele bridge pup,to my ears...but on inspection,the bridge pup was quite a bit closer to the strings...
...so i raised the neck pickup a little and it became fuller sounding with more oomph and better balanced with the bridge pup.They don't rival my buckers for power,but somewhere in between a classic Telecaster pickup and humbuckers.
They sound very,very nice, as you stated. ymmv.

Last edited:

Walt_T

Reaction score
Welcome to the Tele club! Glad you like it. True workhorse guitar, you'll learn to love it as you get to know it.

grayd8

Reaction score
I agree the neck on the elite is dangerous. I avoided playing any of them for the last two years because they made me want to sell my custom deluxe for a loss.

Dougj

Reaction score
I love the look but mostly their playability is really superb love the necks I have a Fender American Deluxe with S1 switching 2013 and really have bonded with it hope you do to congratulations

Tiboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the likes and positive comments. To be clear I bonded with the Tele immediately. It really was love at first play. A lot of play time and dialing it in has only made it better.

rogue3

Reaction score
I love the look but mostly their playability is really superb love the necks I have a Fender American Deluxe with S1 switching 2013 and really have bonded with it hope you do to congratulations
^same experience here...marvelous instruments! enjoy for many years dougj!

... the OP's Elite is just such a guitar...and beautiful! long term players instrument.

Razzle

Reaction score
Congrats on your NGD!

I'm a bit late but I gotta agree, I played the Elite neck and it was the best Fender neck I've ever played. I sold all of my Fenders, strats and teles, as much as I tried I just couldn't bond with the neck. Well now I gotta a tele project I'm working on, I got an elite tele neck for it and I'm excited about it.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Reaction score
Nice! I've always been intrigued by the American Deluxe/Elite. Congrats!

frozenotter

?
Platinum Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for the binding too. Congrats and enjoy that badboy! :cheers: