NGD! Teisco needs TLC

I.M.Noone

Reaction score
I just picked up this cool lil Teisco/Imperial 335-like number and she needs some attention. First, I've seen this type of truss rod adjuster, but I was wondering if anyone could let me what I need to adjust it. I tried sockets and a very small wrench, but neither would fit in the channel. Do I need a screwdriver w/ socket end? I'm guess it'd be a metric because she's from Japan. Next, some do do unsoldered the pickups and I wanted to see if one of you fine folks could tell me where to reattach the wires. Thanks a mignon!
IMG_4598.jpg
IMG_4599.jpg
IMG_4595.jpg

DavGrape

Reaction score
That's a cool one, looks like a lot of potential.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Quarter sawn spruce neck?

:shock:

Marty M.

Reaction score
Quarter sawn spruce neck?

:shock:

You probably need one of those small sockets welded to a small bar.

Pocket Truss Rod Wrenches | stewmac.com

That guitar is pretty much identical to the Heit ES 335 wannabe that I bought brand new in 1970 from a catalog store. It was 49 dollars in the cardboard box. I was thrilled to have a guitar. I played it through my Layfayette 10 watt auxilliary channel into two coax speakers. In between I had an Olson fuzz box. I drove everyone nuts.

The pickups were microphonic and the bridge wasn't so hot either. Of course back then no regular people, besides instrument builders and repair guys, knew much about guitars like we do today.

This was almost exactly like mine from what I can remember 50 years ago. Picture off google..

Can you identify this guitar? : guitars (reddit.com)

heit.jpg

Last edited:

I.M.Noone

Reaction score
Wow, what a cool Mom! Yep, that looks pretty much like mine aside from the headstock. I need to figure out how to resolder the pups to see how bad they are, but the guitar is so fun to play unplugged that I have time to look around for some gold foil ones so I try to cop some early Kinks tones. Thanks all!

Latest Threads