NGD studio lite

cherrysunburst00

I don't even care about the pat cictures anymore
Premium Member
Reaction score
NICE!! I've been intrigued with this model ever since I learned that they have balsa inserts in the body holes to make them lighter!

Dilver

Reaction score
Congrats! I’ve had a 93 Studio Lite for a few years now. People snub these guitars because of the balsa insert, but it’s actually a pretty small amount of wood that’s removed and replaced with Balsa. I wouldn’t be surprised if the amount of wood removed was less than that of a “Swiss cheese” weight relieved Les Paul. Studio Lites are great modiding platforms especially since they all came with ebony fretboards with trapezoid inlays.

The stock pickups would have been a 496R and a 500T, which will rip your head off. Kinda fun, but not a very traditional LP tone. You’re lucky the pickups on yours were already replaced.

Last edited:

Playforfun

Reaction score
NICE!! I've been intrigued with this model ever since I learned that they have balsa inserts in the body holes to make them lighter!
My limited experience....it don't hurt th
Congrats! I’ve had a 93 Studio Lite for a few years now. People snub these guitars because of the balsa insert, but it’s actually a pretty small amount of wood that’s removed and replaced with Balsa. I wouldn’t be surprised if the amount of wood removed was less than that of a “Swiss cheese” weight relieved Les Paul. Studio Lites are great modiding platforms especially since they all came with ebony fretboards with trapezoid inlays.

The stock pickups would have been a 496R and a 500T, which will rip your head off. Kinda fun, but not a very traditional LP tone. You’re lucky the pickups on yours were already replaced.
i had the 496/500 in a classic I once had too hot for me. The 57's are great !!

SaltFox

Reaction score
I agree on the 57s being better. They give you a little more definition. The bridge position on the 496/500 combo is pretty sweet but the neck is incredibly muddy. Enjoy and congrats!