NGD Squier 50's Classic Vibe

syco

Reaction score
Got a 2TSB 50's Classic Vibe from Fender's Labor Day sale . Had given up on Strat's for a while , but recently started getting back into them .
IMG_7844.JPG

Not so crazy about the maple neck color compared to my other Squier Strat , but liking it so far . I'll try to get some better pics after I remove all the protective film and get it set up and re strung .

rich85

Reaction score
I used one of those for a solid year of duo gigs. I replaced the pickups with Seymour Duncan SSL1 set which was a total waste of money.

Only problem I had was saddle screws slowly loosening but I was putting some mega hours on it. I put some thread locker on them. Ha.

Anyway have fun!

syco

Reaction score
I used one of those for a solid year of duo gigs. I replaced the pickups with Seymour Duncan SSL1 set which was a total waste of money.

Only problem I had was saddle screws slowly loosening but I was putting some mega hours on it. I put some thread locker on them. Ha.

Anyway have fun!
That's one thing I've noticed is that the saddle screws have a bit of "slop " . Light coat of elmer's glue should do for the time being . Thanks !

kysrsoze

Reaction score
Very nice looking Strat. Hope it plays well too.

I didn’t have any urge to play a Strat again, but I started getting more into artists/bands who play them and I started to understand how and when they actually work, and what pedals do and do not work well with them.

Now I have a Player Plus and it’s fantastic. Ive been toying with picking up a CV. I’ve nothing but good about them.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Very nice. People seem to really love those CVs.

Myself, I have just about given up on trying to bond with Strats (and Fenders in general) - but they always sounds great when I hear other people playing them!

Congrats and HNGD

syco

Reaction score
Thanks ! took me a bout 15 years to get into playing them . I'm thoroughly pleased with it so far . It was 50% off , so I figured if I don't like , I don't have much invested in it .

none2low

Reaction score
That sale was really tempting. Had a few things I was eying, but already have way too much stuff.

Congrats on the new guitars! Have a CV Tele and Jazz bass from the original run that are both great instruments.

DeafDumbBlind Kid

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've got 3 (well, 2 and a half, partscaster with a Squier neck) CV strats. Love them. Going to sell 2 of them (1.5 anyway 'cuz partscaster, etc). I've owned CS strats in the past, and while they are nicer no doubt, they aren't 10x as nice.

HNGD, OP.

kysrsoze

Reaction score
Myself, I have just about given up on trying to bond with Strats (and Fenders in general) - but they always sounds great when I hear other people playing them!

From personal experience, it seems it all seems to come down to playing clean, or using some combination of boost, compression and fuzz to play dirty stuff and get a fair amount of sustain out of them. Heavy overdrive and high gain makes for a muddy, irritating mess.

Latest Threads