I Break Things

Reaction score
So I'm broke, but my folks are wildly irresponsible with cash and I'm the baby of the family. Upon learning about the CITES issues with rosewood, my folks decided they were going to get me a birthday present now - my birthday is in May. Anyways, this was put on backorder and has now shipped! It should arrive next week! Had trouble uploading the pics, so I took screenshots to upload. More pics to come when it gets here!

Special thanks to my folks and their financial irresponsibility and to Mark at Sweetwater for the awesome customer service!

Screenshot_20180126-083910.png
Screenshot_20180126-083902.png
Screenshot_20180126-083853.png

E1WOOD5150

Purveyor of Joke Grenades
Reaction score
Are your parents in need of another son?

There is plenty of time, since your new older brother's birthday is in late August, and he has a need for a wine red Deluxe Reverb Reissue.

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yup that's the one, same color too. Looking to probably get it next month.

...I'm already thinking about ripping out the middle pup, installing some Seymor or Dimarzios, re-wiring it with better pots/PIO cap and a 3 way switch.

..can't leave well enough alone. :laugh2:

truckermde

Reaction score
Had trouble uploading the pics, so I took screenshots to upload
Yeah, I have been unable to post pics since the "improvements" were initiated. Great "upgrade".

I tried to upload some requested pics, and was told I'd used my allotted pic storage. I then proceeded to dump about half the pics I had, and tried again. Same message.

So now what used to be unlimited pic posting ability is used up by the pics in a single post. Awesome. Add that to the elimination of all "Other Groups", several of which I was a part of, and the fact that members are being bombarded with malware, and this site is just a shadow of it's former self.

So sad...

I Break Things

Reaction score
Thank you, everyone! I'm stoked!

Are your parents in need of another son?

There is plenty of time, since your new older brother's birthday is in late August, and he has a need for a wine red Deluxe Reverb Reissue.
I mean, since I moved out, they've had empty nest syndrome... You might have a chance... You'd have to live in Florida with two under-medicated Irish people with severe PTSD though! :rofl:

I Break Things

Reaction score
yup that's the one, same color too. Looking to probably get it next month.

...I'm already thinking about ripping out the middle pup, installing some Seymor or Dimarzios, re-wiring it with better pots/PIO cap and a 3 way switch.

..can't leave well enough alone. :laugh2:
You might want to backorder now. When I spoke to Mark, he said they got more backorders than guitars from this shipment. I ordered mine on January 2, so I was early enough in the queue to get mine with this shipment. People who ordered after me will have to wait until the shipment comes in in another month. These are selling out very quickly.

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wonder why, I've had it bookmarked for like a year and a half, I wonder why it's suddenly popular.

They come in blue too, which looks pretty nice.

Anyway I just want an 'S' series, I can always try for a different model in a different color.

I was looking at this new PRS last night, too...it has the coil splitting which I've really come to like in my Les Paul

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEStd24TSV8

prs.png

really there's like 4 guitars I'm interested in. A Tele, A Strat, The Ibanez 'S' series, sometimes A flying V, and sometimes a PRS.

But the Tele and the Ibanez for sure are on The List.

Last edited:

I Break Things

Reaction score
I wonder why, I've had it bookmarked for like a year and a half, I wonder why it's suddenly popular.

They come in blue too, which looks pretty nice.

Anyway I just want an 'S' series, I can always try for a different model in a different color.

I was looking at this new PRS last night, too...it has the coil splitting which I've really come to like in my Les Paul

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEStd24TSV8

View attachment 287336

really there's like 4 guitars I'm interested in. A Tele, A Strat, The Ibanez 'S' series, (sometimes) A flying V, and (sometimes) a PRS.

But the Tele and the Ibanez for sure are on The List.
FedEx is saying it will be here Tuesday, so I'll post some pics and my thoughts on it. I didn't have a chance to play one in stores, but I've liked most Ibanez guitars I've played. Plus, I'm gravitating towards thinner necks and lighter strings these days, so it seemed like a safe bet for ordering online. Plus, I'm really wanting less weight in my guitars. It's just too hard on my body right now to deal with heavy ones.

They had the blue ones in stock a couple days ago, but only for a few hours. I'm not sure why they're selling out so quickly. It'll be around the end of February before the new shipment of Dragon Eye Bursts gets in. If you're really wanting one, I'd probably go ahead and reserve one since you won't be charged until it ships anyway.

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
there are plenty of places to get one besides just Sweetwater, I'm good. They've been making 'S' series guitars for like 20 years. They're around. :laugh2:

I Break Things

Reaction score
there are plenty of places to get one besides just Sweetwater, I'm good. :laugh2:
When I ordered, everyone else was saying about a month for them to come in stock too. Plus, Sweetwater rocks for online buying. :thumbs:

Replied before your edit! I've never gone shopping for used guitars, so I haven't the foggiest idea how available they are, but I'm sure you do. I'm too OCD and germaphobic to buy used. Not saying I look down on anyone who buys used by the way. It makes way more sense. Since I've never wanted guitars for investments, I'd rather get them new and have it be mine to play, mod, and ding up from the start.