NGD - Slash Rosso Corsa

Slash Rothstein

Reaction score
When these were first announced even I thought to myself: "Do they really need to put out another Slash Model?" In fact I wasn't really a fan of red LPs to begin with so I was convinced I would never own a Rosso Corsa.

Then one night I was browsing the used section at Dave's and there was one in like-new condition for a price I couldn't resist.

In the end I fell apart like a cheap toy.......NGD:

slash-rothstein-albums-rosso-corsa-picture62408-rc8-rc2.jpg

I have to say - the pictures I've taken here and the ones I've seen on-line do not do these justice. I am really digging this shade of red (like Blood) and the flame is much more pronounced in-person. For some reason it's hard to capture in a photo.

slash-rothstein-albums-rosso-corsa-picture62405-rc1.jpg

I was also pleasantly surprised with the QC - the fit and finish on this one is as near-flawless as I've seen on a USA.

Group-Shot (GT: 8lbs 8oz, Tobacco Burst: 8lbs 6oz, Rosso Corsa: 8lbs, AFD: 9lbs):

slash-rothstein-albums-rosso-corsa-picture62407-rc5-4front.jpg

Next to AFD:

slash-rothstein-albums-rosso-corsa-picture62413-rc7-afdrc2.jpg

The backs (the lighter shade of red is the AFD):

slash-rothstein-albums-rosso-corsa-picture62411-rc2-4backs.jpg

Slash Rothstein

Reaction score
And for all of you who are so bent out of shape over the Slash head-stocks (just for fun):

slash-rothstein-albums-rosso-corsa-picture62410-rc6-4headstocks.jpg

Fernandomania

Reaction score
Happy NGD.

Flames can be hard to photograph depending on the lighting.

AK Epi Player

Reaction score
Nice score! Judging from the headstock photo, it appears that the fretboard has some reddish streaks in it too. Goes very well with the body color. :applause:
Got any pics of the whole neck?

JM2112

Reaction score
Congratulations!!! :applause::applause:

Very cool! Nice collection, too! :slash:

HNGD!!! :dude:

TheNoodler

Reaction score
I thought I was a big Slash fan until now. As much as I'd like to own another Slash signature model there are just too many other LPs higher up on my priority list to consider. Especially since this is the exact same guitar as the AFD only with a different color top. I like to have a bit more variety even amongst a collection of mostly Les Paul models.

Slash Rothstein

Reaction score
Nice score! Judging from the headstock photo, it appears that the fretboard has some reddish streaks in it too. Goes very well with the body color. :applause:
Got any pics of the whole neck?

Nice pick-up - didn't notice the board color in that pic - must be the sunlight bringing that out.

From most angles in looks dark brown:

slash-rothstein-albums-rosso-corsa-picture62421-rc9-fret.jpg

It is dry as hell up here tho.

Here's a neck shot:

slash-rothstein-albums-rosso-corsa-picture62423-rc10-neck.jpg

I feel this neck is more of a 60's slim taper which is fine but I really like the slash rounded profile that was featured on the other models. That is definitely my favorite neck.

Slash Rothstein

Reaction score
Nice!
Are you going to get the Vermilion one too?

Huh? What gives you that idea? Haha.

I honestly didn't think I'd even get one of these but the price I got was just wayyyy too good to pass up. If I found another killer deal...well I just can't trust myself!

Slash Rothstein

Reaction score
I thought I was a big Slash fan until now. As much as I'd like to own another Slash signature model there are just too many other LPs higher up on my priority list to consider. Especially since this is the exact same guitar as the AFD only with a different color top. I like to have a bit more variety even amongst a collection of mostly Les Paul models.

I obviously like Slash but for me it's more of how much I like his guitars. The '08 Tobacco burst was my first LP. The neck profile, playability and the sound I get out of it is what got me hooked.

I totally agree with your statement on how they should try to differentiate more than just the top...I thought I felt the same way.....I didn't mean for this to happen!!

laterider

Reaction score
HNGD!!! I like the flame on that one for sure, the AFD has nice flame too!!!:slash:

mcbattle

Reaction score
HNGD!

I like the feel and sound of all the Gibson Slash sigs that I have tried so far!
Relly resonant and punchy. :)

Jernst1

Reaction score
Nice one! There's actually a pretty good chance that I played that exact guitar when I was at Dave's. It was pretty nice!

Latest Threads