NGD- Slash Rosso Corsa Les Paul!

James78

Reaction score
Hi all, I got my new guitar today- the Epi version of Slash's Rosso Corsa axe. These have already hit the shelves in Japan and a friend over there sent me one. Only took 3 days to arrive, door to door!

I've barely played it, but I can say it sounds like an absolute monster. Tone and sustain for days! For a weight relieved guitar it is surprisingly heavy. The craftsmanship is nice- no faults or errors I've spotted.

I haven't played any of the other Slash Epi models, but I'm very very happy with this one...

A few pics...

Attachments

• asd.jpg
    asd.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 294
  • photo 2 (100).jpg
    photo 2 (100).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 270
  • photo 3 (58).jpg
    photo 3 (58).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 228

MrJudd77

Reaction score
Great looking guitar. Wish they were available when I was last guitar shopping. So close to what my T+ looks like, and with the SD pickups that I would like to have in it.

Might have to sell some more cars (p.s I work for Mazda in Australia)

SkylineUK

Reaction score
Nice!
Mine's on order at Andertons UK, no delivery time given, but I'm hoping it's before Christmas.
What's the neck thickness like? Can you post any photos of its profile at all?

IRG

Reaction score
Yeah, that's really nice. Just got a 1960 v3, this one would make a good pair I think. Love the color. Not sure when they'll hit the states, I think later this year/January is what I've heard. But maybe sooner now? The JB PB model still seems backordered here in the states.

James78

Reaction score
Nice!
Mine's on order at Andertons UK, no delivery time given, but I'm hoping it's before Christmas.
What's the neck thickness like? Can you post any photos of its profile at all?

Sorry for the late reply man- hell of a day!

The neck is nice and chunky, but feels very nice (I have SMALL hands). It's definitely a thicker and sturdier neck than my Budokan Les Paul... It's just right. I've tried to capture a few pics for you...

Also, a few more pics of the finish. It looks amazing in person. Pictures don't do this beauty justice. You'll love your when it arrives, I promise.

Cheers

Attachments

• photo 1 slash.jpg
    photo 1 slash.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 148
  • photo 2 slash.jpg
    photo 2 slash.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 143
  • photo 3 (59).jpg
    photo 3 (59).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 144
  • photo 4 (40).jpg
    photo 4 (40).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 150
  • photo 5 (19).jpg
    photo 5 (19).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 143

djw171

Reaction score
Congrats very nice looking guitar. The neck I supposed to be a D profile slim taper though isn't it? Not chunky. I know the Gibson version is a '60's style. Very comfortable. Did it come with the signed COA?
My dealer told me Feb '15 for Canada so your well ahead of the game!

SkylineUK

Reaction score
Many thanks James for doing those, that's very kind.
It looks like the neck thickness ramps up as you go up the neck, or is that maybe a perspective effect?
I can understand why you're very pleased with this guitar!
:applause:

:slash:

James78

Reaction score
Congrats very nice looking guitar. The neck I supposed to be a D profile slim taper though isn't it? Not chunky. I know the Gibson version is a '60's style. Very comfortable. Did it come with the signed COA?
My dealer told me Feb '15 for Canada so your well ahead of the game!

Good question. Maybe it just feels chunky to me after playing the Budokan so much in recent times. It probably isn't all that big- but again, I have little hands! Feels just right.

It came with the little presentation folder with the picture and certificate- not signed by Slash. I'm not bothered by that. Maybe there's time for him to sign the COA's for the release in other countries?

Cheers

James78

Reaction score
Many thanks James for doing those, that's very kind.
It looks like the neck thickness ramps up as you go up the neck, or is that maybe a perspective effect?
I can understand why you're very pleased with this guitar!
:applause:

:slash:

You're welcome dude- no problem at all. And yes, the neck thickness ramps up a little bit- but not a hell of a lot. Just the right amount. It feel very natural and comfy in my hand.

The more I play it, the more I love it. This one's a keeper for sure!

Cheers

GERRYGTR62

Reaction score
sweet score, congrats.....I used to have the AFD long ago myself, great guitar, but couldn't bond with it too well, unfortunately

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations and happy NGD :)

Spiteface

Reaction score
I've said it before, I don't care, I'll say it again.

I'm not a Slash fan, but even I could look past the headstock and were I after a new Les Paul, I'd be all over one of these like you read about.

SexyGibson

Reaction score
This one is definantly high on my wish list; anyone know what they will go for in the states ?

Latest Threads