NGD Slash AFD - a bit disappointed

spike450

Reaction score
Here’s mine, I like it :dude: yours looks great.

Attachments

• 0FE28129-287B-4648-A437-F047BFA283FF.jpeg
    0FE28129-287B-4648-A437-F047BFA283FF.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 28

darkvoice

Reaction score
I added some outside pics to original post in the beginning of this thread, hopefully these show the top better.

jaqueh

Reaction score
I added some outside pics to original post in the beginning of this thread, hopefully these show the top better.
Yeah it's a really weak flame. I'd return it. Not AAA in my eyes.

Those pictures gave me a heart attack. Hopefully didn't scratch the back and bottom too much!

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
AAA is normally Uber flamey…if that’s what u wanted, send it back or ask for a discount..

I typically try to get mini-amps…see if theyll cut $250 off the price and say they can pay u with an orange micro terror and mini cab

-chris

jbash

Reaction score
having seen the new pics- I like the top. I like subtle.

But it's not mine, nor my money, so do what you need to do to feel good about your purchase.

darkvoice

Reaction score
Those pictures gave me a heart attack. Hopefully didn't scratch the back and bottom too much!
No need to worry, it would not get scratched. It's a soft deck material, sort of like pressed plastic. It's softer than the guitar finish.

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Did you purchase this site unseen until it arrived?

If so, I imagine you were looking for something with a bit more pop and more of a wow factor when you opened the case and you did not get it.

It's a nice top, but I am not sure it is what I would call Slash worthy. This of course is totally up to you, but I am thinking you as would I, want more flash.

danzego

Reaction score
Some have more flame than others. Just the way it is. I saw one in that very same finish a few weeks ago at a local GC (Clackamas, OR) and the top was pretty much Custom Shop level flame.

If you don’t like yours and can return it, give them a quick call and see if they still have it. It was a really nice one, felt light, and again, the flame was off the hook. Most pronounced I’ve ever seen on a production level LP, no lie.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
... I know that there are many here that differ from that viewpoint and want the Flame Meter to be pegged on "10". Your guitar actually looks pretty flamey to me so some slight variances in "flame strength" to me would be a good thing. That is just me, though ...
I want to amend my answer just a bit. While I do prefer a more subtle flame, part of the premium you are paying for is the Slash model's AAA top. While your top is perfectly fine for a normal Standard, it is likely not up to snuff for a "Slash Standard". That could also have issues also in the re-sale market if you decide to sell it. Hence, it is likely prudent to return it. That all being said, I do think the original one you got was an exquisite Les Paul.

darkvoice

Reaction score
Thank you all for your input!

What you said makes perfect sense - not the best flame on the top, not AAA, etc.

However I got such a crazy great deal on the Slash, it's better than any new Standard you can find. I may as well keep it and treat it as normal Standard with Slash logo.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input!

What you said makes perfect sense - not the best flame on the top, not AAA, etc.

However I got such a crazy great deal on the Slash, it's better than any new Standard you can find. I may as well keep it and treat it as normal Standard with Slash logo.

it’s badass imho

id love to own it..

very glad u kept it..especially if u got a good deal

many of us prefer plainer tops with hints of flames…

-chris

Phillycheez402

Reaction score
Yeah dude, the Slash LPS are great, I passed on two historics because they just didn't really "out do" my slash.. and that's been in the last few weeks. If I'm going to pay so much more I better feel and here the difference, wasn't there.. I swapped the pickups in mine to SD APH-2s. Love it.

Last edited:

VancoD

Reaction score
2A top, 5A pricetag - it's a Gibson alright.

If it were mine and I had the option I'd send it back and get one I chose specifically, but if it plays well that's a consideration I suppose....

drivers1959

Reaction score
I've got new LP Slash Appetite AFD and feel a bit disappointed with the top. Seeing various photos online I expected more visible horizontal burst lines, however my guitar seems to have more understated lines.

What do you think? Is it how it's supposed to be?

View attachment 608381
View attachment 608382 View attachment 608383 View attachment 608384 View attachment 608385 View attachment 608389 View attachment 608390

View attachment 608386 View attachment 608388

View attachment 608230

drivers1959

Reaction score
You seem disappointed,..it's still a beautiful guitar..although it's always best to play and see a guitar in person before buying as ordering online retail or otherwise can and sometimes be disappointing..some online music stores show the exact guitar your gonna get when ordering like Chicago music exchange ..here's one they got now

btw- if your not happy with your purchase and if its possible to get a refund,,this to is also something to keep in mind when making a purchase

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 10.35.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 10.35.52 AM.png
    277.1 KB · Views: 16

Latest Threads