NGD Silverburst

Ag_Nathus

Reaction score
Wow, I don't usually go for silverbursts, but that one is really nice! I think it is because the black is limited to a thin ring instead of going deep into the upper bout like it often does.

Jeric

Reaction score
Wow, I don't usually go for silverbursts, but that one is really nice! I think it is because the black is limited to a thin ring instead of going deep into the upper bout like it often does.
I like the rim burst a lot. It differentiates the Custom Classic from the Norlin’s, and the rim burst has a black back. Gives the guitar a nice contrast. If it were tear drop burst with a black back, it would be really dark.

Jeric

Reaction score
The original 2007 Custom Classics are fantastic guitars. Yours is a beauty. There are three in the series: Antique Ebony (most common--in both P-90 and humbucker versions with exposed coils), Silverburst (rarer), and Antique White (very rare). These are real gems--play the hell out of it!
There’s 400 of this finish. Gibson did a run for GC with the silver rim burst. The GC version is similar, but some pretty major differences. The GC version comes with BB pups (I think), mine are Classic 57’s. GC’s had a rosewood board, mine has ebony. The tuners are different as well.
I’m loving this guitar!

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Sooo.... how long until you’re wanting a custom now?

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Premium Member
Reaction score
There’s 400 of this finish. Gibson did a run for GC with the silver rim burst. The GC version is similar, but some pretty major differences. The GC version comes with BB pups (I think), mine are Classic 57’s. GC’s had a rosewood board, mine has ebony. The tuners are different as well.
I’m loving this guitar!
Correct (although the GC ones do have ebony fretboards). I've got one of the GC Silverbursts:

and I have a Classic Custom in Antique Ebony:

Latest Threads