NGD- SG 61 Standard- pt II

protestheriphery

Reaction score
Got one of these back in Jan, but didn't quite get along with it. I returned it and decided to go with a different retailer. I found one on Wildwood Guitar's website listed with the right specs. So I decided to pick it up.

Upon unboxing it, I noticed it felt considerably different than the last one. It weighs a feather-light 6.37 lbs, just the way I like it. Neck is definitely flatter also, again, like I'd hoped for.

They typically include a complimentary setup, and the job wasn't too drastically affected by climate and transit. Felt and sounded good when I plugged it in.

There's only two things that struck me as slightly peculiar: When I ordered the guitar, I asked out of curiosity if it was going to be a 2021 model. I was told it was indeed going to be. When I checked out the little card that's included in the case, it read Jan 2020. Kinda weird, but no big deal.

Also, I noticed that the bridge posts have the traditional rounded ends, instead of the hex key type. I was unaware that Gibson randomly changes it up like that. Again, no sweat.

A few quick snaps post-unboxing (didn't even put on the toggle switch tip):

Attachments

Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase!

The 2021 and 2020 models are identical, so no issues there.

Yeah, no hex key bridges on the Original Collection, alright? I mean the thumbwheels always worked well so...

Enjoy!

protestheriphery

Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase!

The 2021 and 2020 models are identical, so no issues there.

Yeah, no hex key bridges on the Original Collection, alright? I mean the thumbwheels always worked well so...

Enjoy!
Thanks. Ya I dont plan on adjusting my bridge a ton, and if I dont like the stock hardware, there's a ton of options in the aftermarket scene anyway.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
The hex key hole seemed unnecessary to me anyway.

Latest Threads