NGD: PRS Pauls Guitar SE

Ken

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! Have you seen this? I just watched it the other day.

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! Have you seen this? I just watched it the other day.
I have seen it, it was part of what influenced me to buy. Really, the only disappointment with the guitar is the quality of the tuners. If it ends up not selling, I'll replace them with something better - Mann has a good set

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
The back is the main reason I picked this one

Torren61

Reaction score
That is spectacular! IMHO, PRS SE guitars offer THE best bang for the buck. I know the haters will hate but the truth is PRS SE guitars sound and play as good as any guitars I've played that cost two or three times as much. I still have a SE Soapbar. SWEET sounding and playing axe.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is spectacular! IMHO, PRS SE guitars offer THE best bang for the buck. I know the haters will hate but the truth is PRS SE guitars sound and play as good as any guitars I've played that cost two or three times as much. I still have a SE Soapbar. SWEET sounding and playing axe.

I like em....along with CV and VM Squiers that are also built by Cort (IC####)... You can see Cort workmanship in multiple import guitar and bass lines if you examine bindings, tops, and such closely... Cort can build some bad ass instruments...

SDMFVan

Reaction score
The color looks way better than the stock pictures. Question on the neck - does it feel like a core line Paul’s Guitar neck profile, or is it just the same neck profile that you would find on any other SE model?
The neck on these feels pretty close to it's core counterpart. A little more 50's Les Paul than the normal Wide/Fat. I have one in Aqua and love it.
Paul's Guitar.jpg

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
The neck on these feels pretty close to it's core counterpart. A little more 50's Les Paul than the normal Wide/Fat. I have one in Aqua and love it.
View attachment 439834
Nice! That was the color I originally planned on going with, but lack of patience and the natural grain on the back made me change my mind

Dolebludger

Reaction score
When I got my SE I test played core models and SEs. I liked the SEs better.

joff

Reaction score
I just bought this SE Custom 24 for my daughter's 14th Birthday next month...she wanted a PRS like her school guitar teacher (he has a USA model)...and it had to have the birds!

This has a baked maple neck and fretboard...Wide Thin neck profile which feels really nice...tone push/pull coil-split...looks amazing in the flesh and sounds great...of course, she has it already!

IMG_2461.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ehb

Dolebludger

Reaction score
If I had an important gig (which never will happen) and I wasn’t told what genre of music I was to play, I would take two of my guitars, and one would be my PRS SE. it is that rather rare 2012 Orianthi model with a flame maple top and not that cheesy sparkle painted top. Only produced for one model year. It will do everything from soft jazz to metal. The other one would be a 2015 Carvin DC 127 neck through with string through. And I would leave my 1961 Gibson LP SG Standard in the closet. That is the best complement I can give the PRS SE line, and it is a rather high one. I know this is a Gibson/Epi forum, but the PRS SE is the best bang for the buck out there!

Latest Threads