NGD: PRS Pauls Guitar SE

moreles

Reaction score
Congratulations. I haven't tried one yet, but they strike me as fundamentally terrific guitars independent of price, and for the money... wow! I really dislike veneers and wish they would issue some without the veneering (though I understand that mine is a super-minority view). But yours is beautiful, for sure, so why argue. I love the color of the back on yours, too. Nice going!

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. I haven't tried one yet, but they strike me as fundamentally terrific guitars independent of price, and for the money... wow! I really dislike veneers and wish they would issue some without the veneering (though I understand that mine is a super-minority view). But yours is beautiful, for sure, so why argue. I love the color of the back on yours, too. Nice going!
Thanks. The core line doesn’t use veneer, but they’re a couple of thousand dollars more. That’s not the only difference, but the value seems really good on the SE

judson

Reaction score
i have to agree with OP...i bought a 2005 Custom22 SE to see how they felt and played ........

i gotta admit i was impressed, moreso with the tremolo setup...its perfect yet simple and works, neck felt like a fat SG neck on the beefy side, and looks pretty impressive....the SE has improved as you can see in OP pics...nice guitar !

pickups could use improvement on mine ...if you have not played one, try it ...I think you will be surprised to the positive

tzd

Reaction score
The color looks way better than the stock pictures. Question on the neck - does it feel like a core line Paul’s Guitar neck profile, or is it just the same neck profile that you would find on any other SE model?

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The color looks way better than the stock pictures. Question on the neck - does it feel like a core line Paul’s Guitar neck profile, or is it just the same neck profile that you would find on any other SE model?
I haven't tried any of the other SE models, so I can't compare there. It has the wide fat neck which feels pretty similar to my '17 Les Paul Standard.

Niloy63

Reaction score
Wow... you hadn't mentioned it was an SE, I would've thought that was a Core model. Fantastic finish!

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
WoW!!!!

Beautiful! Cort can build one hell of a guitar!

How is the intonation with that bridge?

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
WoW!!!!

Beautiful! Cort can build one hell of a guitar!

How is the intonation with that bridge?
It’s excellent. Same bridge used in the core line, the brass inserts seem to work well. Even acoustically it resonates like crazy

• Love
Reactions: ehb

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! That looks like a million bucks! Amazing what they can offer these days in a budget line guitar. :shock:

Latest Threads