NGD Prophecy 2020

revtime

Reaction score
I sold a guitar saturday and was going to order an aged dark burst 59. GC did not have any in stock. I wandered over to the Les Paul wall and this caught my eye. It wasn't even on my radar but the second it was in my hands I got that tingle. Fishman pickups. Ebony board, tummy cut, locking tuners. Yeah the only thing missing is stainless frets. They say the neck is slim taper but it feels thicker/better than the other slims I have had. Perhaps its the asymetrical fretboard.
These pickups and the switching combos are just awesome. It has the large diamond on the headstock and the proper headstock shape .
Some pics. One with my very early Zakk bullseye that has been fitted with active EMGs.

Attachments

Fat Elppie

Reaction score
I sold a guitar saturday and was going to order an aged dark burst 59. GC did not have any in stock. I wandered over to the Les Paul wall and this caught my eye. It wasn't even on my radar but the second it was in my hands I got that tingle. Fishman pickups. Ebony board, tummy cut, locking tuners. Yeah the only thing missing is stainless frets. They say the neck is slim taper but it feels thicker/better than the other slims I have had. Perhaps its the asymetrical fretboard.
These pickups and the switching combos are just awesome. It has the large diamond on the headstock and the proper headstock shape .
Some pics. One with my very early Zakk bullseye that has been fitted with active EMGs.
Congrats on the new axe!!

LP1865

Reaction score
Looks awesome. How's the 24 fret access and are the electronics FIshman?

revtime

Reaction score
I have not opened it up yet to check. I have read that they are fishman proprietary settings exclusive to these epis so it would make sense. The cutaway on the back helps but it is not as easy or comfortable as my neck through guitars.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
Congrats! I received the Prophecy Extura last week. Awesome guitar and I was pleasantly surprised with how good the pickups are.

Michael Matyas

Reaction score
Great choice! I love Epiphone Prophecy LPs. A few years back I was in the local GC, torn between the Standard with the double locking trem, and the Custom with the quilt top and the Dirty Fingers pickups. Went with the Custom, and got a real surprise at the counter when they told me it came with a Coffin case! Later on I replaced the DFs with GFS Fat Pats. (Sacrilege. I know. Not to worry, I have kept the originals.). I like the guitar even better with the new pickups.

Have you seen what used Prophecies are going for on eBay? Take good care of that baby!

Latest Threads