NGD... probably. R0 to go with my G0.

leofender55

Reaction score
Back in 2008 I was looking around my local GC killing time while my wife shopped. I found a real nice G0. At the time I really didn't know much about them but I loved the acoustic tone & the build quality and felt it was worth putting on a credit card. Good move.

This week my buddy who I've bought/sold/traded with over the years offered up a '60 Reissue R0. I dug the faded cherry burst on it and the top, but I wasn't sure how much different it would be from my G0. So, he's letting me try it out for a week. The specs on these are real close so I didn't know what to expect. Both are fantastic and just different enough that I can justify getting the R0 (like I needed justification?). Can't say no, just need to find the funds.

Attachments

DanD

Reaction score
Nice R0! I like that top :cheers:

Maybe ditch the GO (also nice) but if they are close I'd definitely choose the R0. :cheers2:

Reflect_ion

Reaction score
Do it.

These guitars hold their value, worst thing that can happen is losing a couple of hundred if you have to resell quickly.
I don't like losing a couple of hundreds but if you think you can pull it off, i'd take that bet.
Otherwise, if you're too thight on cash, a guitar isn't a priority in my book.
Is the wife still around? Maybe factor that in too :)

DanD

Reaction score
For myself the must have number is 3.

1 Black beauty
1 R8-R0
1 R4-R6

I could see the argument for 4 if one included the '55/'56 BB.

I'm not personally a huge fan of the staple pup so 3 works for me. :applause:

I just sold off my R6 so 2 (BB and R9 CC turned R8) is my current reissue stable.

... but I'm sure the P90 Rs will keep calling my name. :facepalm:

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, I fixed it correctly.

Fixed that for ya...

I say go for it!
For myself the must have number is 30.

1 Black beauty
1 R8-R0
1 R4-R6

I could see the argument for 4 if one included the '55/'56 BB.

I'm not personally a huge fan of the staple pup so 3 works for me. :applause:

I just sold off my R6 so 2 (BB and R9 CC turned R8) is my current reissue stable.

... but I'm sure the P90 Rs will keep calling my name. :facepalm:

jamman

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice ,, Buy it , Keep the 1st 1. Having more R0's is never a problem (after paying for it).. Not getting as many as you like is ,,,,, imo .... I always am able to find More R0's ,I'd love to buy ,,, But ,, not being rich ...

1 I'd love to have is a 1960 R0 Custom LP ... Slim neck and Ebony Board LP ...
I see 1 used , that's listed . Not an R0 ,but it's all R0 from it's specs. I've been looking for 1 of them for years .. And now I don't have the cash available ... It might have to go on lay-a-way .... I'm very tempted :eek2:

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Giving an unwanted guitar a new, loving home is as noble and selfless an act as there is.

Not all heroes wear capes. :jb:

leofender55

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm keeping both. Sorry if I gave the impression that I couldn't afford both and would have to pick between the 2. I have more guitars & amps that I'll ever need so I have an agreement with myself (and my wife) that I'd move something off to get another piece. This time I'll have to get the R0 and move something after the fact. My buddy is willing to wait for the cash and let me keep the R0. My current LP total = 5, since THDNUT started that conversation here.

Latest Threads