NGD..... potentially

Guitar Joe

Reaction score
So I’ve just had an offer accepted on a 2012 traditional in iced tea (I’d post pics but it’s been so long since I’ve been on here I’ve forgotten how).

I’m hopefully going to try it on Thursday, fingers crossed it all checks out. Only sticking point it has a baked maple board apparently. I thought they were laminate rosewood at this time but apparently this was a “60’s” traditional model with a 60’s neck so maybe it was a short run with a baked maple board. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing for me, I’ve just never played a baked maple board before so I’ll have to see how I like it. Other than that it has a bit of wear here n there and a bit worse than normal buckle rash I’d say. Once again not necessarily a big put off for me as the front is clean and I don’t mind a bit of a worn in look.It’s got some dimarzio aged nickel 36th anniversary PAF’s in there too so with the wear and those it’s got a cool 58 plain top look going on.

I will be paying £1050 for it is all checks out, is that a good price do you guys think.

The only downside if I do love it is I will have to sell gear to fund it. Which is something that I’ve been happy to do and it’s why I was looking but now the moment is here and I might have to sell I’m getting all sentimental about the gear that’d have to go haha (even though they’re items that when I’m thinking clearly I have good reasons why I am selling them). Any of you guys have a hard time selling things?

Mockbel

Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal.. waiting to see pics !
Congratulations

Guitar Joe

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the link, it’s pretty good to have that info. Also good to hear some good views on the baked maple. When I last frequented this forums I think it was still getting a lot of hate but I spose it might not have been as bad as people first thought. Spose I’ll see for myself in a couple of days.

1all's Pub

Reaction score
Looks like someone added aged nickel covers to the pickups. According to the website @musicmaniac posted the rest of the hardware is also nickel (but looks pretty shiny, i.e., not aged), so aging them to match would be first thing on my priority list. Otherwise looks good!

Cjsinla

Reaction score
Is this a Tribute or a Traditional? The regular Traditional did not come with a 60’’s neck, did it?

Guitar Joe

Reaction score
Looks like someone added aged nickel covers to the pickups. According to the website @musicmaniac posted the rest of the hardware is also nickel (but looks pretty shiny, i.e., not aged), so aging them to match would be first thing on my priority list. Otherwise looks good!
Yeah the current owner put dimarzio anniversary PAFs in there with ages covers. Yeah I’ll have to google the method for aging nickel, I don’t think it’s too hard from what I can remember seeing people do on here.

Guitar Joe

Reaction score
Is this a Tribute or a Traditional? The regular Traditional did not come with a 60’’s neck, did it?
It’s a traditional limited run as far as I know. Was mainly in the US but andertons got a few other here apparently which is where the owner got it from.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
It’s a traditional limited run as far as I know. Was mainly in the US but andertons got a few other here apparently which is where the owner got it from.
You need to look this guitar up, one of our members has a Traditional website that lists many models. I’ve never heard of this model and your seller’s pics say “Tribute” on them. Hopefully someone can post a link here for you so you can look it up.

The rest of that hardware is chrome and cannot be aged to match the covers.

1all's Pub

Reaction score
You need to look this guitar up, one of our members has a Traditional website that lists many models. I’ve never heard of this model and your seller’s pics say “Tribute” on them. Hopefully someone can post a link here for you so you can look it up.

See the link provided in post #4. :)

Guitar Joe

Reaction score

Ahh sorry they’re my pics from my imgur. I must’ve put tribute on there by mistake haha. But yeah someone chucked the link for the model somewhere up above in the thread. Seems to check out with what the guy has told me about the spec. Thanks for the concern though.

Guitar Joe

Reaction score
Good
Not the same year, not the same bridge,
Good spot on the year. Maybe someone else on here knows more on how long they made them for but I’m hoping it’s a case that 2011 was the first release and if it was a popular limited run they maybe done some more a few times including 2012?

As for the the bridge how can you tell it’s not correct? I can’t really tell chrome and un-aged nickel apart but then again I’m colour blind so have trouble with differences in similar colours.
The guys sending me the serial number soon and pics of the back of the headstock and the case etc so I’ll post them up too if it looks iffy.

Mockbel

Reaction score
I remember I came across very few Traditionals on ebay with 60’s neck... I was surprised too but at the end I confirmed that yes, they exist

Cjsinla

Reaction score
Right, it’s usually the Trad Pros that have the 60’s neck and no pup covers.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
Good

Good spot on the year. Maybe someone else on here knows more on how long they made them for but I’m hoping it’s a case that 2011 was the first release and if it was a popular limited run they maybe done some more a few times including 2012?

As for the the bridge how can you tell it’s not correct? I can’t really tell chrome and un-aged nickel apart but then again I’m colour blind so have trouble with differences in similar colours.
The guys sending me the serial number soon and pics of the back of the headstock and the case etc so I’ll post them up too if it looks iffy.
Your pics have a chrome Nashville bridge, the other pic has a nickel ABR-1 bridge.

Guitar Joe

Reaction score
So got some extra pics of the case etc but I’m not sure if I’m just being paranoid now or if it’s a bad pic but does the way everything is written on that headstock and the placement just look all kinds of wrong? The serial number seems to check out but yeah now that we’re on this is it legit train would definitely like some second opinions.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
Looks fine, not that much different from my 2012

97002840-D8A9-4ABE-AC3D-66F56CEDCA33.jpeg

Latest Threads