Ngd!!!!!!!~~~~pics!!!!!!

GibsonFan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Yup yup just picked this beauty up. 1977 Les Paul Deluxe Pro! It's in ridiculous condition. Ridiculous! No fret wear, this thing has to have been untouched for years. No dings or scratches etc, 100% Original! I overpaid by about $150, but I just couldn't resist. Plays phenomenally. I've been dying to get a P-90 guitar :dude: and just couldn't pass it up! Looks a bit like my old #1 Standard.

And one more thing,

Don't be hating on Norlins! I love them!

EDIT: ADDED THIS VIDEO

Thanks for all the kind words guys! It's such a relief, usually I have so much buyer's remorse, but I just couldn't be happier with this purchase. It was just so meant to be. I'm never letting her go! Only got to spend about an hour playin around on it. Need more time!

Still haven't dialed in the sound yet and I haven't played in months so I'm a bit rusty, but I made an ATTEMPT at a video. It's pretty raw, doesn't illustrate the sound whatsoever. At all. But I hope you like it and at the very least hope it's not too hard on the ears! Haha. Started with some soft stuff just so you can hear the P90's clean, but everyone know's that's not what P90s are for! :dude:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfhOaXxhc4g]YouTube - Video 1[/ame]

planks

Reaction score
:shock::wow:

That is insane, man. Looks absolutely fantastic!

Pro Deluxe's are one of my all time favourite LPs, looks- and playing wise. Such a cool combination of the P90s, the ebony board and the all black colour - damn classy and they sound killer.

Congrats and play the hell out of that beast!!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
:shock::shock::shock:

My first reaction was that you got burnt on a reissue. ...then I saw the pics.

GibsonFan

Reaction score
Thanks guys! It was seriously just meant to be. I still can't get over the condition. I literally couldn't believe it when I first saw it. Had to check on that serial and then seeing that the pot cover had NEVER been opened and pots dated correctly, I was blown away. I played around on it for about 8 minutes and was just in love. No way was I passing it up. No way. I'll see if I can make time for a video and show it off a little :)

GibsonFan

Reaction score
Also it's got the Pre-8 dig serial system on it, even though it is in fact a '77. Must have been an early '77 guitar.

nauc

Reaction score
cool! bet it sounds badass

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
I'd put it in storage. In that kinda condition it might be worth a good chunk in a couple decades.

The Refugee

Reaction score
Very nice!

I thought at first you said 1997 instead of 1977... I was going to say the Norlin bit was slightly random.

sonar1

Reaction score
A friend of mine had one just like that. I always envied it!

Latest Threads