NGD........Part 2 of 2020 Standard !!

lennoed

Reaction score
So I purchased a new 2020 Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s in Unburst last week, got it home, played it and fell in love..........until I noticed a small blemish or crack where the neck meets the body. I then also found out my new guitar's serial number didn't match the one on the CoA !
So today I took it back and had it replaced with a new Iced Tea 2020 Standard 60s.
Here are the photos of them both. I'm pretty happy with the new one so far as everything looks good and serial numbers all match !!

IMG_4074.jpg
IMG_4075.jpg
IMG_4108.jpg
IMG_4110.jpg

Gitter

Reaction score
Lookin' good! How's she play compared to the Unburst?

lennoed

Reaction score
Lookin' good! How's she play compared to the Unburst?
It seems very similar so far....... maybe a touch higher action and neck slightly thicker but not much of either ?!
Time will tell, I only had the other for a week so we were still bonding !!

Saiko

Reaction score
I don't know how they play but I like the finish more on the new one and I'm glad you got it swapped out without issue. Enjoy!!!

lennoed

Reaction score
I don't know how they play but I like the finish more on the new one and I'm glad you got it swapped out without issue. Enjoy!!!
Yes, I'm getting to love the new one's look better than the old one.
It's got an eye on the left side that's pretty cool when I look at it from different angles !

shupe13

Reaction score
Definitely a prettier guitar in my opinion.

Congrats!

TheWelder

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! I love when tops look plain at first glance but have some peek-a-boo flame at the right angle and lighting.

Hope this one works out better for you! Enjoy.

Edit: I realize now that those are pictures of two different guitars. I think you made a wise choice...I like the Iced Ted finish more (the Unburst was really sharp too though).

Last edited:

pondcaster

Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you. Big fan of the new Standards here.

Iced Tea is probably my overall favorite finish they're making right now.

Speaking of favorites, do join our New Originals Club if you're not opposed to those types of things.

Would love to have your new iced tea burst represented there. Thx!

Last edited:

lennoed

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! I love when tops look plain at first glance but have some peek-a-boo flame at the right angle and lighting.

Hope this one works out better for you! Enjoy.

Edit: I realize now that those are pictures of two different guitars. I think you made a wise choice...I like the Iced Ted finish more (the Unburst was really sharp too though).
I'm so glad now I had to do the exchange, as my new one is a lot better looking guitar !
Originally, when I was buying the first one, I saw the second one and liked it a lot but didn't take it because it was very slightly heavier than the first.
Now that I've got it home and played it a bit , I can't tell any difference in the weight at all.
A great outcome for me that was meant to happen !!

lennoed

Reaction score
So that's where Manny's went to?!?
There’s one in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. Maybe even Perth ?
I’m new to the buying guitars game, so I don’t know much about them except they did the right thing by me !!

Latest Threads