NGD: Orville Les Paul Honeyburst

Jippy2

Reaction score
Greetings! I just picked up an Orville Les Paul last week. It replaces an Edwards model I had owned for a few years, but never totally connected with. I'm really enjoying it so far. The neck is a bit thicker than the Edwards and it was already upgraded with Seymour Duncan Slash pickups. The neck is quite loud and I am having to get used to rolling back the volume quite a bit. I am wanting to upgrade the standard knobs with something more vintage-style: gold top-hat w/silver reflectors. I'm not sure which after-market brand will fit over the existing pots. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you!

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Pics or there is no guitar. lol.

You'd have to look under the hood to see what kind of pots they even are first. People swap out electronics all the time. Perhaps people can tell just by the splines ?? We need pics !!

Roxy13

Reaction score
Philadelphia Luthier sells those knobs in both metric and US spec sizes. So you will have to see what pots you have first.

Jippy2

Reaction score
How rude of me :). I took a few pics but am having trouble posting them.

nopea

Reaction score
Is the serial number a sticker on the back of the headstock or is it printed on?

Jippy2

Reaction score
Cool! It would be a Terada made Orville :cool:

Beautiful guitar!
Thanks! I'm really enjoying it. Tone and build quality are head-and-shoulders above the Edwards LP I used to have.

Jippy2

Reaction score
Finally got some snaps of the control cavity and one of the pot shafts. I can't make out what brand of pots these are so I'm not sure what size thread on the knobs are needed. I just don't want to end up with something that doesn't fit :).

Attachments

zombywoof

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
USA CTS and Orange drops it appears. Sweet!

Latest Threads