NGD Orville by Gibson Les Paul Junior

nimrod

Reaction score
I know they're not well respected on this sub, but they are one of my favorite bands. Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong sold some of the guitars from his collection this morning. I picked up his ObG Les Paul Junior. I was hoping some people can help me determine what exactly I bought. I've always heard great things about Orville's and I've wanted to try one out, but specifically what should I know about this one. Thank you in advance! https://reverb.com/item/18308775-orville-by-gibson-les-paul-junior-electric-guitar-owned-by-billie-joe-armstrong-of-green-day

https://imgur.com/a/YwZ3uSP

Last edited:

scrumm21

Reaction score
Nice.... Happy New ObG Jr Day

I have a '88 ObG too

if it's anything like mine - it's a Very well made guitar
Probably got a Lot more Mojo oozing out of it for sure
P90 pup - Oh YEAH !!!!!

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Congrats, nice little snag. :yesway::) It looks like it has a nice beefy neck. I bet it sounds great. How do you like it?

nimrod

Reaction score
Congrats, nice little snag. :yesway::) It looks like it has a nice beefy neck. I bet it sounds great. How do you like it?
Sadly, I don't know yet. But I couldn't pass up an opportunity to own my favorite musician's own personal guitar. I'm hoping I love it. Worst case scenario, it's a cool piece to hang on the wall with the Certificate of Authenticity signed by him. But I plan on playing this at my band's show at the coach house in April.

endial

Reaction score
Sadly, I don't know yet. But I couldn't pass up an opportunity to own my favorite musician's own personal guitar. I'm hoping I love it. Worst case scenario, it's a cool piece to hang on the wall with the Certificate of Authenticity signed by him. But I plan on playing this at my band's show at the coach house in April.
Yeah, it should be played. Bragging rights are one thing, but I would think both Billie Joe and this guitar would want it to be heard.

Congrats on a real cool find.

(I'd play it!)

therealfrogman

A fool and his money....
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prolly weighs about 5 lbs and all grit! I envy you!

nimrod

Reaction score
Prolly weighs about 5 lbs and all grit! I envy you!
I'm thinking it'll be around the 6 lb range. Either way it's going to be a killer guitar to use on stage. Have a show coming up at the Tiki Bar and Coach House here in southern Cali. So this will definitely be battle tested.

jimmyjames

Reaction score
Congrats on your score :thumb: Keep an eye on it between sets at gigs tho', may be a random unscrupulous opportunist here and there...

greens

Reaction score
Did you ever get this guitar? How do you like it?

greens

Reaction score
Apologies, I haven't been on MyLesPaul in awhile and just saw your response. Yes, it is my main guitar in my band currently. I love it to death. So much so, I'm considering buying its single cut sibling as well haha!
No worries! I've since gotten one too, and I like it a lot also although I need to do some fretwork on mine.

Latest Threads